It's just an Acrolite....or is it????

rculberson

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This is my favorite example of an Acro being used at the stadium level by one of the greatest to do it. Good lawd, what a sound. Music starts at 2:30.

Last edited:

rculberson

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Wow, not sure what happened there. I edited the link in my post to a different one. Forward to 2:30ish to start the song. Hope that one works.

rculberson

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Holy %$!@ that Acrolite is cranked tight as Fk. It's a miracle the head dont explode from the pressure
I dig how, even at that tension, the Acro still has tons of body. Of course, Steve Jordan is playing it so that might factor in a bit. :D

D

Drummer1990

I dig how, even at that tension, the Acro still has tons of body. Of course, Steve Jordan is playing it so that might factor in a bit. :D
I used to have his yamaha signature snare drum when I was a bit younger like 20. But it got ruined in my parents basement it flooded an the shell warped an hardware rusted :( was a incredible snare for a 13x6.5 shell... Of course they didnt give me the money to replace snare with their insurance claim

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
D

Drummer1990

Holy Sheet! 1050$! YOu could buy Two Acrolites for that !!! "
Or a Reference series brass and since when did one Acrolite cost $525.00? New ones yes but vintage used hell no

musiqman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Still a lot of high valued endorsed drummers using the Supra and Acro as there main snare live.

I love my 65 Supra too. It has a vibe other snares don’t.

D

Drummer1990

Still a lot of high valued endorsed drummers using the Supra and Acro as there main snare live.

I love my 65 Supra too. It has a vibe other snares don’t.
65 supra is nice :) I got a 76 Supraphonic 402 that is super shiny an clean only 2 scratches in the 2 years I've owned it I'm second owner.

musiqman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
65 supra is nice :) I got a 76 Supraphonic 402 that is super shiny an clean only 2 scratches in the 2 years I've owned it I'm second owner.
Mine is all beat up but it was used by jazz legend John Engels and got it for €150 at his auction so I leave it as is.

Even the old head still has plenty of life in it.

9680EE7F-05C8-4E4C-9C13-2BD943839EBF.jpeg

Last edited:

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Listening to the video now.
Are we all absolutely sure its a Keplinger?
It looks and sounds like a Dunnett titanium to me.
....btw, I have it on good authority that 10 was recorded on an older N&C Horizon that weighs about an ounce.

Elvis

cornelius

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Listening to the video now.
Are we all absolutely sure its a Keplinger?
It looks and sounds like a Dunnett titanium to me.
....btw, I have it on good authority that 10 was recorded on an older N&C Horizon that weighs about an ounce.

Elvis
It's a Kep! Gregg finishes the steel shells with a matte finish, so they do look like a titanium shell.

Gotdrums

3rd most viewed drummer online
Reaction score
I own a Ludwig acrolite that doesn't have a center bead. It's a one off prototype snare.

Latest posts