Jack Lawton or Precision ?

DonS

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
To all,
Happy New Year! After rebuilding and refinishing two Slingerland orphan drum kits over the span of 20 years I'm going to re-wrap the first effort in red glass glitter. I'm aware of the application problems due to the thickness of glass wrap so I've decided to have it as well as the bearing edges re-cut professionally. I'm going to strip the old wrap and do the re-assembly myself. So question is, do I go with Jack Lawton or Precision as both seem highly regarded amongst DFO er's. Thanks in advance
Regards
DonS

mudjacker2

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Either one will do the job right, so Id check on pricing and availabilty and choose whoever will get it done the fastest/cheapest.... :icon_smile:

Rich K.

DFO Star
Reaction score
Yes both do really good work and have been doing it for years. Precision recently did a job for me with incredibly fast turnaround.

kookel

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I always throw anyone Jack's way. His work is top notch, phenomenal customer service, surprisingly reasonable rates. I've done business with Precision and have no reservation recommending them either.

2000dan2000

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
no experience with Jack but I couldn't be happier with my dealings with Precision... from what I know you'd be just fine either way.

BrianOwens

Drumsforever
Reaction score
Not sure if you are willing to wait a while but I have been told that Jack can get back logged quickly but he does quality work.

bbunks

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Had Jack rewrap my '74 Slingerlands in red glass glitter 3 years ago. Very happy with the work and service. Great guy to deal with.

mlvbs

DFO Master
Reaction score
Jack pays a little more attention to detail. Precision is a little cheaper and has a very fast turnaround. Both are great.