Jeff Ocheltree A Fraud?

Bonzoholic

Helluva Nice Guy
Reaction score

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This has been circulating underground for a long time, with othe Zeppelin members having no recall of Ocheltree. But this is pretty definitive and damning.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Interesting that Steve Smith, Cindy Blackman Santana, Vinnie Colaiuta, Billy Cobham, Michael Shrieve, Chad Wackerman, and Roy Mayorga all appeared in a Gofundme video set up to help Ocheltree in his cancer battle in 2018.

Nacci

DFO Master
Reaction score
Of course he is a fraud. That is demonstrable with his cast snare business and the customers who’s money he stole for an undelivered product. The question should state; is Ocheltree a fraud on several fronts?

Jason Bonham was vocal long before this that Ocheltree was lying about his relationship with his father and ridding his coattails.

Also, we have his whole Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer Gofundme situation. This one is tougher to determine for several reasons but what we do know is that it was started so that he could move to the Bay Area to be closer to his children; one of the most expensive areas of the country and, given the incredibly low survival rate of Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer and how quickly people die with it, Ocheltree is still alive.

Last edited:

Houndog

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I watched him tune a Joyous Noise Kit at the Chicago Show ...Also listened time him chat
with my buddies a bit . He seemed ok .
I had never seen anyone bang around on the shell hoops etc , whilst tuning a kit .

Seemed odd , but what do I know .

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
Pancreatic cancer odds are ever so slightly better than they were 20 years ago when my dad had it. This in no way diminishes the stuff that's pretty clear he has done. But people do occasionally survive it. John Lawry (Keyboard player for Petra) did recently.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
This has been circulating underground for a long time, with othe Zeppelin members having no recall of Ocheltree. But this is pretty definitive and damning.
Jeff Ocheltree is credited as "drum tech for John Bonham" on In Through The Our Door.

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Did he misspell his name or are we talking about two different people?

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Pancreatic cancer odds are ever so slightly better than they were 20 years ago when my dad had it. This in no way diminishes the stuff that's pretty clear he has done. But people do occasionally survive it. John Lawry (Keyboard player for Petra) did recently.
I don’t know who this guy is but it took 6 months from diagnosis to take one of my most loved friends from me in a terrible way. Pancreatic cancer is the Devil.

jaymandude

Reaction score
Just here to say yes, things are better with this now, to the extent that I know someone who survived it.

But my opinion only ? Ochletree has been jive for while.

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Did he misspell his name or are we talking about two different people?
In the comments on Instagram someone asks, Jason says same person Ogletree/Ocheltree, that is was an autocorrect mistake.

Last edited:

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Jeff Ocheltree is credited as "drum tech for John Bonham" on In Through The Our Door.

I’d like to see it on the actual album sleeve, rather than one gigantic paragraph on a website.

bpaluzzi

Reaction score
The story I've heard is that he was a sub tech for a week when Mick was unavailable. He's gotten a lot of mileage out of that week.

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
I don’t know who this guy is but it took 6 months from diagnosis to take one of my most loved friends from me in a terrible way. Pancreatic cancer is the Devil.
Yeah. 3-6 months is not uncommon. Dad made it 18 months. It's typically discovered very very late.

BNK

Reaction score
Guys, it's PROSTATE cancer, not pancreatic cancer. You can have Prostate cancer for 30 years, some older patients decline treatment and ride it out for decades.

I don't know if Jeff is a fraud, but the GoFundMe clearly states Prostate cancer.

musiqman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Guys, it's PROSTATE cancer, not pancreatic cancer. You can have Prostate cancer for 30 years, some older patients decline treatment and ride it out for decades.

My dad has prostate cancer, full treatment in one of the best hospitals one can get, but it still spread out we heard two weeks ago.

Yesterday we heard a new cancer swell has appeared in his liver.