Jeff Ocheltree - Everyone please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

speady1

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just wrapped up a great interview with Jeff Ocheltree for The Drum Shuffle podcast. Jeff has been diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer forcing him to stop working. He has a go fund me account set up and needs help with medical and living costs. His prognosis is good, but he needs some help.

Jeff has been the drum tech for Billy Cobham, John Bonham, Steve Smith, Cindy Blackman-Santana and countless other greats. He practically invented the modern career of "Drum Technician", IMHO. Please consider donating to this lovely man that has given us drummers so much over the decades.

I asked him how I could help and he simply said to spread the word.

https://www.gofundme.com/drum-and-heart-beatsbeat-cancer

Last edited:

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this! Done!

lawsater

Reaction score
Sorry to here he is ill, but this will open a can of worms. Lots of people out there that are out of pocket paying for stuff the he never delivered.

MDBDrum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sorry to here he is ill, but this will open a can of worms. Lots of people out there that are out of pocket paying for stuff the he never delivered.
Yep - i wouldn't give him a penny because of all the money he stole.

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
I think this thread would be a great place to separate issues. This is about someone who is ill. There are plenty of places where business conflicts can and should be dealt with. In the grand scheme of things, they seem pretty minor. It's not that I don't understand or even empathize with the stated issues, I would just believe they would be better handled in a more appropriate area, is all. My best to all.

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
I think lawsater's post succinctly and delicately states the point. No need to turn it into a kick him while he's down thread.

Nacci

DFO Master
Reaction score
I think lawsater's post succinctly and delicately states the point. No need to turn it into a kick him while he's down thread.
That's is assuming it is even true. It is not just that Ocheltree is a thief, he is a con man. The thing that sticks out to me is that he has stage four prostate cancer and his prognosis is "Good". Stage IV means that the cancer has spread to other vital organs and systems like the lungs, liver, bones and bladder. Prognosis for this stage is rarely "Good". Either way, I don't see how you go forward with a Go Fund Me without a proper mea culpa.

speady1

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know anything about anyone's business dealings, nor do I care. At all. I'm not anyone's keeper or defender. We all have a past. We all have good things and bad things in our past. I'm simply trying to spread the word to help a drummer that's down. Some of you pile on for something I (and many of us, I'm assuming) have no knowledge of. If you can't say something nice, move along. Scroll the hell past. Never in my life have I seen a bigger group of haters. I never thought that it was within the realm of possibility to get a thread locked sharing that someone has cancer and needs help. Unreal.

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Who said the thread is locked?..."Bigger group of haters" is kind of harsh don't you think?
I agree with you when you say to scroll past...I feel bad for your friend, as im sure most of us do.

speady1

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who said the thread is locked?..."Bigger group of haters" is kind of harsh don't you think?
I agree with you when you say to scroll past...I feel bad for your friend, as im sure most of us do.
1. It will get locked soon enough...
2. Could be a little harsh, so my apologies, but finding something hateful to say is a trend around here lately.
3. Jeff isn't my "friend". I have spoken to him 3 times in my life. I'm just a drummer trying to help another drummer. That was my mistake.

DWHOARD

Reaction score
Best wishes to Jeff and his family. The man makes a nice drum.

ARGuy

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know anything about anyone's business dealings, nor do I care. At all. I'm not anyone's keeper or defender. We all have a past. We all have good things and bad things in our past. I'm simply trying to spread the word to help a drummer that's down. Some of you pile on for something I (and many of us, I'm assuming) have no knowledge of. If you can't say something nice, move along. Scroll the hell past. Never in my life have I seen a bigger group of haters. I never thought that it was within the realm of possibility to get a thread locked sharing that someone has cancer and needs help. Unreal.
You make it sound like having no knowledge of what Mr. Ocheltree has done excuses him. Maybe it does as far as you're concerned, but there are people in the drum community who had significant amounts of money stolen from them. As for the "we all have a past" comment, I know I've never stolen money and lied to those I stole from, and I'm willing to bet that most DFO members haven't either.
If you don't want to have to deal with forum members disagreeing with what you post, then don't post on a public forum. The whole "if you can't say something nice, move along" is self centered and childish.

Monty

DFO Master
Reaction score
"It's in the past" some say.
Sorry, but I know some folks that have done some really absolutely horrible things in the past that cannot be overlooked. I loath that stupid statement. Your past defines who you are presently.
I never like to hear of anyone being diagnosed with cancer. Lost both parents and a family member to it. All had Stage 4 and all were gone in less than a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.