Jeopardy answer missed

Rich K.

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday "drum head" was an answer on Jeopardy, and I didn't get it!
Was watching with my wife. It will be hard to live this down.

Squirrel Man

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is a hydraulic brake component, Alex?

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Both my son and I got it! By the way, for those who didn't watch, the category heading was "From D to D." Each answer began and ended with the letter "D".

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Here is a final Jeopardy answer that I got and none of the contestants did. ( I think my only one)

"He was the only president...while in office (that is the clue) who all of the previous presidents
were not alive, and it isn't George Washington.

bpaluzzi

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Here is a final Jeopardy answer that I got and none of the contestants did. ( I think my only one)

"He was the only president...while in office (that is the clue) who all of the previous presidents
were not alive, and it isn't George Washington.
There has been more than one presidency where no other previous presidents were alive (for at least part of it) -- Washington, J Adams, Grant, T Roosevelt, Hoover, and Nixon.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
There has been more than one presidency where no other previous presidents were alive (for at least part of it) -- Washington, J Adams, Grant, T Roosevelt, Hoover, and Nixon.
Either the answer is worded incorrectly or Jeopardy needs fact checking. I'm betting on the former ($8500).

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Doing some fact checking , grover Cleveland was alive during Roosevelts presidency

The answer was Nixon.....LBJ, JFK, and Harry Truman who passed in 1973, Nixon was in office until
8//1974

bpaluzzi

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Doing some fact checking , grover Cleveland was alive during Roosevelts presidency

The answer was Nixon.....LBJ, JFK, and Harry Truman who passed in 1973, Nixon was in office until
8//1974
What was the question? Cleveland died in June of 1908. Roosevelt was President until March 1909.

As I said, Washington, John Adams, Grant, and Hoover (in addition to Roosevelt and Nixon) also had periods where they were the only living President.

No President has ever been the only president alive for the entirety of their term.

bpaluzzi

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
From the Wikipedia page:
"Richard Nixon is the only person to have been both the only living U.S. president (from January 1973 to August 1974) and one of six living presidents (from January 1993 to April 1994)."

Maybe that's what you were thinking of? Nixon's the only who's been BOTH the only (during his term) and part of a group of six (during Clinton's term, and 6 is the largest number of Presidents we've ever had alive at once)