Joe Farnsworth's fancy cymbal case

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
at first they sounded so bright I thought...he got a shipment of whats the Zildjian called B15 912's or something?

Project 391. Joe has been known to borrow cymbals the day of the gig...... (maybe he's improved his status) and gets them From Zildjian (as an endorsee) He deserves it

BlackPearl

Reaction score
at first they sounded so bright I thought...he got a shipment of whats the Zildjian called B15 912's or something?

Project 391. Joe has been known to borrow cymbals the day of the gig...... (maybe he's improved his status) and gets them From Zildjian (as an endorsee) He deserves it
Yes, and he initially puts up three cymbals, plays them for a bit, and then puts one back in the box - either they were new to him or he was just seeing how they sound in the room. They do sound pretty bright, but he sure makes them work when the set gets going.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
seemingly longest break between sets in history..looking to see if he switches them around .again ; )

rstange1

Reaction score
As a YouTube-certified cymbal case spotting expert, I can tell you that Joe was packing a vintage K-Kaardbored cymbal case (seen here with period-correct duct tape). :)

Rick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
International Paper Company "corrugated" cymbal bag. Yeah! :p

Rich K.

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
U-Line makes them for International Paper and K-Kaardbored as well as some others. U-Line is a real manufacturer. The others are just assemblers.

BlackPearl

Reaction score
I said “cardboard box” out loud before clicking the link... what did I win?
Congrats ! You've won a brand new Joe Farnsworth model cymbal case. As long as you can cover the postage from Canada.

P.S. I sure hope this thread doesn't come across as in any way disrespectful to Mr. Farnsworth, who appears to be a cool guy, and is certainly a great drummer.

Soulfinger

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
When he puts the middle cymbal away, you can see he has an actual cymbal bag on his left, with white fleece dividers like Ahead or Protection Racket.
He posted on instagram recently about playing some Nicky Moon cymbals.
Maybe he got a new shipment delivered to the club. :)

Anyway, reminds me of Paul Motian´s stick bag:
1620102231772.png

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe he got a new shipment
that's what I'm thinking those are not a Guy carrying cymbals in a box; as much as ; new acquisitions; new arrivals; put on the stand and played for first time; right then and there;

mebeatee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That ain't no ordinary cardboard box those cymbals came in.....
I could be wrong but isn't that THE box used as a prototype for all those '80's drum sounds? Good on him for repurposing rather than having it just sitting on a shelf.
Whooda thunk?
bt