JOE MONTINERI COPPER SPARKEL “BOP” KIT w/ Orgional DW Vintage Shells (now w/ video)

billyward

Reaction score
That's my favorite Jimmy Webb song and I'm thrilled to have worked with him. There's only so many geniuses in this world.
FD, you sound great! Those drums are such a steal I'm thinking about pulling the trigger - and I've got THREE 12 14 18 drumsets as it is. Good luck with your music and this sale.

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That's my favorite Jimmy Webb song and I'm thrilled to have worked with him. There's only so many geniuses in this world.
FD, you sound great! Those drums are such a steal I'm thinking about pulling the trigger - and I've got THREE 12 14 18 drumsets as it is. Good luck with your music and this sale.

Uh... hold on a second... I have never thought my way through this, but are you THE Billy Ward? And by that I mean The Knack, Carly Simon, That Thing You Do soundtrack Billy Ward? DUDE, that is so cool and humbling that you even commented on my playing. We stunk that night (a covid lock down webcast with no practice) and I debated even posting it for that reason but it showed the drums well so I went ahead and hit the button. Most think an 12, 14 18" is for jazz only but this kit has covered my pop requirements with ease! So thank you for the kind words.

I first discovered you with the Knack and then later through the Drummers World videos, you are a monster... Just saying! Thanks again for the look and the kind words. And while you might not need another small kit, maybe someone you know does!LOL! I've made peace with the fact that me and an 18" kick do not belong together.

Thanks and be safe out there,
Ward

tradrad

Pro
Reaction score
¡ dude ! that's a killer set! i have two MUCH older JMCD kits (a wide array of sizes...12 drums total!) and i will. say...regardless of any adverse personal opinions 'round here...his drum crafting skills are above reproach and have never disappointed me! if i was in the market i'd be all over these (i, too, have MANY small BD sets...3 x 18's and 3 x 16's!)...and this is amongst my very favorite finishes.
hey...BTW...am i seeing things or ¿ are you still rockin those 15" SIG hats i sold you ? dang!!!!

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
hey...BTW...am i seeing things or ¿ are you still rockin those 15" SIG hats i sold you ? dang!!!!
You know it! I've moved several of the other cymbals in my Agop rig in and out to find the right blend, but those hats have remained the foundation all along! I settled in on the 15" hats paired with a 20" Crash, 22" Medium ride and a 20" crash/ride (a 22" China not shown).

20200216_132357 copy.jpg

Last edited:

billyward

Reaction score
Uh... hold on a second... I have never thought my way through this, but are you THE Billy Ward? And by that I mean The Knack, Carly Simon, That Thing You Do soundtrack Billy Ward? DUDE, that is so cool and humbling that you even commented on my playing. We stunk that night (a covid lock down webcast with no practice) and I debated even posting it for that reason but it showed the drums well so I went ahead and hit the button. Most think an 12, 14 18" is for jazz only but this kit has covered my pop requirements with ease! So thank you for the kind words.

I first discovered you with the Knack and then later through the Drummers World videos, you are a monster... Just saying! Thanks again for the look and the kind words. And while you might not need another small kit, maybe someone you know does!LOL! I've made peace with the fact that me and an 18" kick do not belong together.

Thanks and be safe out there,
Ward
Thanks so much FD!!