John Siomos. Highly underrated

DavedrumsTX

Reaction score
In 1976 I was 13. I had been studying drums(snare orchestral)for 8 years by then, but had just started playing a set.
Frampton Comes Alive came out and I was blown away like so many others by the album. I daily put on my massive Koss headphones on after school and drummed along to that album along with Kiss, Zep, Rush, etc. At the time, I really didn’t fully understand what groove was.

Fast forward to 2021, I started listening to Comes Alive again. Oh my gosh!!!!John Siomos could groove!!! That album would not sound the same without him. He wasn’t a showman, but the perfect example of playing for the song.

Thank you and RIP John.

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
Great drummer with a great groove and sound. He orchestrated some wonderful drum parts throughout the Frampton catalogue that he played on. Gotta love that ride cymbal's bell!

DavedrumsTX

Reaction score
Great drummer with a great groove and sound. He orchestrated some wonderful drum parts throughout the Frampton catalogue that he played on. Gotta love that ride cymbal's bell!
THE BELL!!! Yes, what a great sound! Thank you for pointing that out.

Skyrm

DFO Master
Reaction score
That album would not sound the same without him. He wasn’t a showman, but the perfect example of playing for the song.
From the "other" post shown below - this proves your point.

"I saw Frampton on the "I'm In You" tour at Cleveland Stadium as part of a World Series of Rock show. I was really excited for this show, as (like most of you) I had memorized "Frampton Comes Alive".

Boy was I disappointed when Peter announced that John was ill, and Joe Vitale would be filling in. Nothing against Joe, but he didn't play any of the same fills, or with the same feel, as John did on that classic album."