John Siomos & His Dark Green Ludwigs

Mackermanesq

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
In light of Frampton's height--it's more likely a 24 inch bass drum rather than a 26.

jsiomos

Reaction score
I'm John Siomos's son and I'm looking to sell his drum set mentioned here, I've had it since he passed away in Brooklyn in 2004. If anyone is interested, please respond and we can discuss it. I'll provide my email and will take pictures of it and either email or text them to you. It's not in the best shape as you can imagine, but it's legit.

jsiomos

Reaction score
I will be in touch and send pictures, I'm currently at work and I have to go into our attic to dig it out.

jsiomos

Reaction score
Anyone who is interested please give me your email or message me above, I'll send pictures that way. Thanks.

ludwignut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks Judah .Your father was a brilliant drummer and played on some of the most influential songs and albums of the seventies .

Rob

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
Judah, if you would be willing to post some pictures here that would be really cool. If you want to keep them private I understand. I suspect a lot of us here would love to see pictures of that kit. I know I would but I don't want to ask you to send them to me because I would not be able to buy them. I would be just a tire kicker and wasting your time.

swayed1

Reaction score
I dont think one member here would say no to a pic ot two. That would be so very cool!

gingerb91

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow, what are the odds to be talking about hos great a drummer John Siomos is and how mysterious his drums seem to be, and then 3 years later his son chimes in! Just crazy I think, haha

BonzoBonham

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
jsiomos said:
I'm John Siomos's son and I'm looking to sell his drum set mentioned here, I've had it since he passed away in Brooklyn in 2004. If anyone is interested, please respond and we can discuss it. I'll provide my email and will take pictures of it and either email or text them to you. It's not in the best shape as you can imagine, but it's legit.
Please, by all means post them! That kit of your dad's always fascinated me.

Formula 602

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
kip said:
For a minute I thought this was going to be about uncle Jesse from full house
"Uncle Jesse" (John Stamos) actually is a drummer,and has played for The Beach Boys off and on over the years!

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
someone should let dolfan54 know about this post. he mentioned earlier on in the thread about some interest in them..

mike

DolFan54

Gum Flapping Idiot
Reaction score
Oh man! John Siomos is one if not my main influence! I spent hours upon hours practicing to Frampton Comes Alive as a kid back in 1976! I would love to own or at the least see pics of that kit!

XVIII Airborne

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I hope that at least, since John passed away, it would be very nice for his son to know that his father is not forgotten and had influenced more drummers than he realized. I too played along to Frampton Comes Alive when I was young and it was such a good feeling when I could finally nail those parts correctly.

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
XVIII Airborne said:
I hope that at least, since John passed away, it would be very nice for his son to know that his father is not forgotten and had influenced more drummers than he realized. I too played along to Frampton Comes Alive when I was young and it was such a good feeling when I could finally nail those parts correctly.
Same here. When I was learning to drum on my bed with the old sheet that I had drawn circles on to represent the different drums and cymbals, one of the albums I was practicing to was Frampton Comes Alive. I actually also had the next album, I'm in you (believe it or not) and I learned I'm a Road Runner and Signed Sealed and Delivered while playing the bed. When I got my first set of drums the first song I played on them was I'm a Road Runner.

Beatnik

Johnson
Reaction score
someone should let dolfan54 know about this post. he mentioned earlier on in the thread about some interest in them..

mike
Thanks Mike!

Does this mean you bought them ?

DolFan54

Gum Flapping Idiot
Reaction score
BeaTniK said:

mike
Thanks Mike!
Does this mean you bought them ?

No, unfortunately Judah (John's son) doesn't have them. He does have a 60's Slingerland kit that John owned prior to the Ludwigs.

I did purchase something, well actually two items. I will post what they are when I receive them.