Joke Thread

DrummerJustLikeDad

That's Me, The Silent Son
Reaction score
Drumline in the Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging
A wild guess she cancelled the after concert dinner reservation. LOL
When this happened to me, thankfully it unfolded in the tamest way possible.

Rolling the tympani during the climax of America the Beautiful with the local concert band, and the unglued felt flew off my vigorous mallet, arced a nice curve and pinged poor Ellery the clarinet player in the back of the head.

Oh how we laughed. :-|

hsosdrum

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I broke two bass drum mallets while doubling on bass drum and gong during two rehearsals of "The Great Gate of Kiev" in Pictures at an Exhibition. Fortunately #3 held together during the performance.

Sinclair

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Last weekend I took a hike in the woods alone and came upon a large cougar.
Scarred the crap out of me. Nearly invisible in the thick brush. As I slowly backed away it became quickly obvious it was stalking me. I tried to look bigger by swinging my jacket above my head and yelling but before I knew what had happened it was on top of me. I guess it was my fault really. I shouldn't have bought her that drink. (hey yoooo)

mebeatee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Pictures of drums* being used as anything except drums always make me sad.

*Even cheap steel snare drums
Some folks have illuminating ideas about this.....
bt

Attachments

Sinclair

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
An old man walks into a barbershop and says I'd like a haircut and a shave. Ya know my skin is so thick and wrinkled I can't get a smooth shave any more. Is that a problem?
Not a all... have seat says the barber.
He gives him a haircut then hands the old man a wooden ball the size of a large jaw breaker.
Here put this up in your cheek so it stretches out your skin.
He shaves one side then, now put it the other side, and finishes his shave.
The old man is so pleased with such a smooth shave he gives him a very large tip.
On his way out he curiously asks the barber, hey what would have happened if I had accidentally swallowed that?
The barber says not a problem, just bring it back in few days like everyone else.