Joyful Noise Update-More Affordable Snares Coming and Steam Bent Shell Kits

Hazelwood7

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have been talking to Curt about a Joyful Noise snare build and he shared me some interesting news. I have not heard much from them lately and I see that Curt has been very busy putting together a new line of drumsets and a new series of snares.
From what he was telling me is that he was releasing a new series of drums called “Vintage Nouveau”. They are going to be around 800 buck and they will include the same shell used in the higher end line that we know now but with some diecast parts. I think the hoops will be chrome over steel, the tube lugs would be sourced from overseas and there would be a new diecast strainer based on the current bronze strainer from the current series. The shells will have different snares beds on them from what is on the current line. I think more like your typical Ludwig snare beds. He will have a brass, bronze and copper shell but he also told me he will have a ferro-magnesium shell. That’s a cool touch because of the throwback to the old school metal shells. I don’t any other companies fighting head to head in that range. He is using the same solid spun snare drum from his high-end snares so I would choose that over a comparable Ludwig snare.
He is also finishing purchasing and moving into a larger facility to start making steam bent shells and producing drum sets that would be comparable to Craviotto. He told me a 4-piece kit of non-rare wood (maple birch mahogany) would go for around 2750 and the rare expensive stuff would be on par with standard Craviotto prices.

I think it’s a bold business plan and, in the market, and economy a way to keep his business growing. I think he would do well at more competitive prices. If he launches in six months it would cool to see what he can do.
Chris

owr

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, I heard about the solid shell kits from around the way from a friend who also has been talking to him. I'm excited to see them.

I just got my hands on my first of his drums, an older 6.5" NOB, it is insane, I cant believe I waited this long.

Hazelwood7

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
He makes some of the best snares. It’s weird with the A&F stuff that it’s more expensive and not built as well. Maybe it’s the steam punk vibe?

Latest posts