JR Baker in hospital

Drumjinx

Drum manufacturer
Reaction score
JR coded last night in the ambulance as he was on his way to the hospital....he was revived and is in ICU today.

This started a few months back.
JR had hip replacement surgery and all seemed good. Then he took a spill off his riding lawnmower and messed up the same hip.
It was replaced again. After a week or less JR had some type of episode and they thought he had a stroke. He was slurring his speech and such. Then they said no to that and thought he had pneumonia. Again they were wrong. It turned out to be a massive infection in the hip. They did surgery and as JR said, "they power washed the infected bone". This all has taken place over the last two months or so. He was finally home just last week and I spoke to him and he sounded great. Now this.
I am assuming at this point that this heart attack is some how tied to everything else that is going on with him...but it could be a separate issue. I am in contact with his wife Bretta and his sister Mary
As I hear more I will post.

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
Jerry, thanks for the info. JR is a sweetheart of a guy. I hope he will be OK.

Drumjinx

Drum manufacturer
Reaction score
Just got a call from JR's sister.'
Last night JR started having trouble breathing and like most of us men, he said he was fine and did not need to go the hospital. Then he got real bad and Bretta called 911.
The difficulty in breathing is from fluid build up around his lungs and heart.
JR is now in an induced coma and is on life support.

Sonorholic

DFO Star
Reaction score
Oh dear, I'm very sorry to hear all of this. My thoughts are with him to get well soon. I had a friend who went through some very heavy heart trouble for months, but is now doing fine. As bad as all this sounds he can pull through. Thanks for keeping us updated.

backbeatkeeper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I had the pleasure of talking with JR on the phone for at least an hour. What a gentle spirit he is and very thankful to those he knows. Praying for the best.

Bunnyman

Stuarto Pidasso
Reaction score
Bloody fuggin' hell- first Bongo and now JR!?!?

JR is one HELL of a nice bloke. Get better soon!!!!

jptrickster

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this.
I know from experience blood clots from this type of surgery can cause all kinds of heart and lung problems.
Prayers and good vibes sent JR!