Junior Bonham set....Amber waves of acrylic.

FloydZKing

fire bad!
Reaction score
Right on, I think you'll enjoy the difference. Silver dots say, "boing."

Ludwigboy

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are the heads that came with the set. I might try clear Emperors at some point (smooth white emperors are my usual "go-to" heads for playing rock).
Great kit!

If you decide to change to clear Remo Emperors heads all around anyways , you might consider changing the current clear bass drum reso head you have
with either of these two options...

1) clear or colortone bass drum reso head with Ludwig lettering circa early 70's and no brand name at the bottom
similar to the bass drum reso head you see on Ludwig's Vistalite reissues

OR

2) buy a clear bass drum head and purchase a circa 1970's Ludwig logo decal set and do-it-yourself

Either way it should resolve the large Remo logo question.

Some food for thought....hope it is helpful.

K.O.

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great kit!

If you decide to change to clear Remo Emperors heads all around anyways , you might consider changing the current clear bass drum reso head you have
with either of these two options...

1) clear or colortone bass drum reso head with Ludwig lettering circa early 70's and no brand name at the bottom
similar to the bass drum reso head you see on Ludwig's Vistalite reissues

OR

2) buy a clear bass drum head and purchase a circa 1970's Ludwig logo decal set and do-it-yourself

Either way it should resolve the large Remo logo question.

Some food for thought....hope it is helpful.
Thanks for the input. The front head is a new colortone I just bought specifically for this set with orange logo-ing I made myself. I also made my own "silver dot" head for the cloned 14x14 (that's actually a Remo head).

The rest of the heads are what came with the drums. At some point, probably when an appropriate gig for these is on the horizon, I might look into making a change in batter heads on these.

bassanddrum84

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. The front head is a new colortone I just bought specifically for this set with orange logo-ing I made myself. I also made my own "silver dot" head for the cloned 14x14 (that's actually a Remo head).

The rest of the heads are what came with the drums. At some point, probably when an appropriate gig for these is on the horizon, I might look into making a change in batter heads on these.
I also make my own dotted heads. Actually save a snare starting to wear through the coating after three shows with a vinyl dot. I swear that cricut is so handy.