Just a random question (ludwig breakbeats)

Fat_asian

Reaction score
Upon buying these, they came with a velvet drawstring cover for each drum. Has anybody experimented with using these things as mutes? In the questlove had them draped over the drums to show the muted version. I still can't believe how he put the bass drum one on lol.

Anyway, I thought there might be a market for these things. As mutes they produce a beautiful sound, I was using chopouts and it just reminded me of the group called police, just the way it sounded.

After mine ripped, I went with drumtacks, I can't stand moongel on my head's. My question is, why doesn't Ludwig refill these bags on request because they don't last forever.

Also I noticed in the video that he was using those bags in the trunk of a cab as he went to a gig in NYC. Has anyone used these (bags) for travel and how many new yorkers find them going to gig to gig? Do you have different covers that are more better quality to protect those drums, or do you simply just put the bags in your jam room as a collection? Kudos.

davidh

Reaction score
The were a bit thin to give much knock protection and the drawstrings got tangled up easily but a good idea not that well executed.. ok if you are super careful. I got some Stagg brand bags.. not sure if they are sold anywhere but Europe. Most cheap bags nowadays have cheap zippers that fail so any other closure system is the way to go. Tried them as mutes but you might as well play the box they came in

egw

Reaction score
I have similar bags that I use with my nesting kit. They go on each drum when they're nested or in transport. But I've been known to throw one or two in the bass drum when playing the kit. Kills two birds with one stone.

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
I stopped using them as soon as I found a replacement bag that held everything. For protection in transit they were terrible and as mutes they were unnecessary for my needs so I never looked for replacements. I wonder how a drawstring laundry bag would work? It would be huge on the rack tom, but one might fit the floor tom and bass drum OK.

Fat_asian

Reaction score
I stopped using them as soon as I found a replacement bag that held everything. For protection in transit they were terrible and as mutes they were unnecessary for my needs so I never looked for replacements. I wonder how a drawstring laundry bag would work? It would be huge on the rack tom, but one might fit the floor tom and bass drum OK.
Thanks for looking out:)

Latest posts