Just got back from the drum store...

CherryClassic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
THAT BIG???!!! Oh my goodness, what are they doing to my favorite drum head? Well I guess it sounds the same. I want buy anything else but I may complain.

This ain't April the first, are you playing tricks on us? Maybe it was a promotion thing that got shipped by mistake.

sherm

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Remo logos are becoming larger than Under Armour logos. Maybe these are special heads for the visually impaired. ;)

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It is the new TonePro Ink. Similar to what Sabian is using. This has a more controllable spray so they are able to form a more pleasing font.
The TonePro Ink adds warmth and cuts the overtones.
It was first developed by Morgan Gene Fluids for the printing of serial numbers on mufflers. It was refined and thinned out a bit for cymbals and heads.
Quite a story there for the curious.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
It is the new TonePro Ink. Similar to what Sabian is using. This has a more controllable spray so they are able to form a more pleasing font.
The TonePro Ink adds warmth and cuts the overtones.
It was first developed by Morgan Gene Fluids for the printing of serial numbers on mufflers. It was refined and thinned out a bit for cymbals and heads.
Quite a story there for the curious.
:laughing3::laughing3::laughing3::laughing3::laughing3:
I don't know what's funnier, the post itself, or the fact that 20 years from now, you just know some 12 year old is gonna quote this post and start a thread in the vintage section about the old "TonePro" drumheads....AND BE SERIOUS ABOUT IT! :laughing9:

Elvis

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
" do you think the store accidentally sold (and you accidentally bought) , the Display prop ?"

thejohnlec

Reaction score
It seems it would be distracting to play! Perhaps it’s to make the logo more recognizable from overhead camera angles.