Just got back from Timpano Percussion shop in Montreal (eye candy inside)

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I didn't buy anything sexy as it was an in and out for backup BD pedal and stands for my home kit. The BK set will be on the road tomorrow and won't come back until mid september.

Anyhoo, I still took a minute to snap a few pics of nice kits (a few of wich are up for debate ;-) )
20210806_110129.jpg
20210806_110120.jpg
20210806_110112.jpg
20210806_110106.jpg
20210806_110101.jpg
20210806_110052.jpg
20210806_110048.jpg
20210806_110041.jpg
20210806_110026_HDR.jpg

Freewill3

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice pics, thanks! Great shop too! They had a 21" Zildjian K Custom Special Dry ride I was interested in. I emailed them for a sound file and had it in an hour. Great customer service.

Last edited:

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That's a great store and they are great to deal with online.
Yeah I bought a bunch of stuff off of them. They're just as great to deal with live. The store is a nice place to go geek out and drool over some very nice gear. Not recommended for people with poor impulse control

wayne

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I,ve heard very good things about these folks. Professional, accommodating, honest, [which seems to lack] in a few drum shops as of late. Carry the right gear, keep the clowns off the floor,and you will do fine.

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
When I bought a cymbal from them online, they called me the next day to let me know there was a spot on the cymbal that really couldn't be seen from the listing pics. They sent me more pics so I could see it before they sent the cymbal giving me the opportunity to back out of the purchase if I like. The "spot" was quite small and of no concern for me so I went ahead with the purchase.

I thought that was a great way to run a business and I would certainly buy from them again.

LRod1707

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd love to have a store down here like that. Just looking at the time they spend on the videos they post, shows how dedicated they are. That's a true love for drums and doing it right!
If I'm ever up in Montreal, I'm definitely gonna make the time for a visit to the store.

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'd love to have a store down here like that. Just looking at the time they spend on the videos they post, shows how dedicated they are. That's a true love for drums and doing it right!
If I'm ever up in Montreal, I'm definitely gonna make the time for a visit to the store.
That's a must for any drummer/drum enthusiast in Montreal. Steve's music store has got a decent drums/percs department as well but somewhat less "boutique". If we're lucky, there should be an edition of the Montreal Jazz Festival next summer, during wich there are over 200 concerts to watch, from local jazzers to world's leading artists and anything in between. Many of wich are free. And they include a lot of genres loosely related to jazz so it's not only for hardcore jazz-head purists.

Anyway, I'm starting to sound like a tourism board brochure so I'll leave it at that ;-)

studrum

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a must for any drummer/drum enthusiast in Montreal. Steve's music store has got a decent drums/percs department as well but somewhat less "boutique". If we're lucky, there should be an edition of the Montreal Jazz Festival next summer, during wich there are over 200 concerts to watch, from local jazzers to world's leading artists and anything in between. Many of wich are free. And they include a lot of genres loosely related to jazz so it's not only for hardcore jazz-head purists.

Anyway, I'm starting to sound like a tourism board brochure so I'll leave it at that ;-)

Ah, go ahead on, man. This Michigander LOVES Canada and notes that you Canucks have got some great drum stores, between Timpano, Dave's in Ottawa, Soul Drums in T.O., and Murad's nearby.

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Ah, go ahead on, man. This Michigander LOVES Canada and notes that you Canucks have got some great drum stores, between Timpano, Dave's in Ottawa, Soul Drums in T.O., and Murad's nearby.
Oh! You gotta do Montreal at least once then ;-)

I never been to Soul Drums and Murat's shop... I got to plan a trip to T.O.

Now that I think about it, I've never been to Michigan either. Or any of the midwest for that matter. A cross-continental road trip is on my bucket list, so maybe one day...

studrum

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh! You gotta do Montreal at least once then ;-)

I never been to Soul Drums and Murat's shop... I got to plan a trip to T.O.

Now that I think about it, I've never been to Michigan either. Or any of the midwest for that matter. A cross-continental road trip is on my bucket list, so maybe one day...

I WILL be exploring Montreal some day, when our borders re-open. I have dear friends near Perth, out from Ottawa.

Woody85

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I love that shop! They're honest and have great prices and some unique stuff that's harder to find in Canada. Also the best prices on Aquarian heads!

jmpd_utoronto

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'll add to the chorus endorsing Timpano. Best drum shop in Montreal (Steve's drum department is decent for a big music store but it doesn't quite compare), and they also have a ton of great percussion stuff that's usually hard to find in other shops (as well as a ridiculous cymbal selection last time I was in there). Top notch service and it's run by some great people. That and Drummer's Hangout are my current two favourite shops in Canada (though I haven't been to Dave's in Ottawa since they moved, and I've gotten some great stuff online from them in the past.