Just ordered a new set of cymbals

DrumWhipper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've been brushing around the idea of ordering another set, and went ahead and pulled the trigger today. I ordered an AAX pack with - 14" AAX X-Celerator Hats - 17" AAX X-Plosion Fast Crash - 19" AAX X-Plosion Fast Crash - 21" AAX Raw Bell Dry Ride - 10" AAX Air Splash. They will be here Wednesday.

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I didn't know you were using cheap just cymbals before this?!?!
Must be a world of difference, eh?

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, Luke! I have the Sabian HH RBDR cymbal and absolutely love it. I'll bet you'll like your RBDR, too. And I bet you'll come to like the X-celerator hats, too. I have the Zildjian K Mastersounds with the same style of wavy bottom cymbal and that "chick" sound can really drive a band.

How would you compare the Sabians to your Centents? Do you plan to keep both sets?

GeeDeeEmm

DrumWhipper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, Luke! I have the Sabian HH RBDR cymbal and absolutely love it. I'll bet you'll like your RBDR, too. And I bet you'll come to like the X-celerator hats, too. I have the Zildjian K Mastersounds with the same style of wavy bottom cymbal and that "chick" sound can really drive a band.

How would you compare the Sabians to your Centents? Do you plan to keep both sets?

GeeDeeEmm
The Sabian's are much better. In fact, they blow them out of the water. Not just in sound/tone but also in stick response on the cymbals, etc. I am probably going to give the Centent's to my church. There is very little resale value in a brand very few people know about. I've had them posted for sale and not one person has reached out to ask about them.

NobleCooleyNut

Reaction score
Some nice choices in your setup . I also prefer Sabian cymbals to Zildjian. I have a setup that has cymbals from the Artisan, HHX lines . I like this setup for my Big Band gigs .