Just received Rob Cook's Rogers book from Amazon

KCDrumDad

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have owned very few Rogers drums but would buy a copy of your book just to reward your effort (and to get a wonderfully researched book).

Gotdrums

3rd most viewed drummer online
Reaction score
The 2nd Rogers drum show in (near) Covington is coming up in a few months. The first show was in Covington and the mayor of Covington pronounced it Roger's Day that day. Great show put on by Po.

BennyK

DFO Master
Reaction score
After studying the pictorials and briefly scanning various areas of special interest to me, I've been reading this terrific book paragraph by paragraph and yup, Covington is THE place . Pennies from Heaven .

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've had this book on my eBay watch list for months. After reading all the responses from our members, I finally just now purchased my copy! Besides, my first edition has gotten pretty ratty looking due to how much I read it!

-Mark

Formula 602

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I like how the first edition has the WMP Dyna on the cover...with some wrong tension rods!..How many people proofread it..and not one caught it?

drummertom

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I might just turn it into a web site. I had the early info on 1938-1954 on the VSD web site but had it pulled because of all the changes Dave would have to make to be correct- I was still learning. I don't want to put info out there for info sake. It must be concrete correct. A book would be nice...It sits now as a microsoft word doc at about 744 pages. A color book double sided would be 372 pages. Very costly for a few hundred potentially to be sold. I placed the bar high on this 10 yr project. I put a lot of pressure on myself about it. Would be nice to release the pressure some day. Feel like I'm letting some important people down to me like Jeff H., Dave Simms and all those that want to see another Rogers book out there.
I'd buy it! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

GrandpaCleve

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks much drummertom! I'd like to find more info in Grossman Music old paper from 1954 specifically . That's the year I have limited knowledge on. So if anybody out there has this please let me know. Thanks, Gary

The info I am missing would be found in the Grossman Music catalog binder as a supplement to the 1953 pages. It would have 3 holes punched in them to add to the binder. I have the Sept. 1954 a+b page. Which leads me to believe that there is a c+d page that followed. I might be chasing a ghost in print form and that is all the 54 page exists. As of now I just don't know...

I went direct to the source and sent Mr. Berger(Grossman Music/Trophy Products/Grover) an email regarding the missing ghost pages of 1954 Rogers. I got an email back that he will be back on the 10th and hope to receive an email back shortly after that. I supplied the pictures of 1947 Trophy products that now rest and decorate his new office entryway. If anybody has a 1953 binder from Grossman Music please feel free to contact me with this info I'm looking for from 1954.

Last edited:

drummertom

Staff member
Reaction score
Very cool Gary. Hopefully Mr. Berger gets back to you and can point you in the right direction. Such an amazing amount of info you’ve already collected!

GrandpaCleve

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I got a reply back from Mr. Berger: "First, there was no 1955 catalog published.

You are a step ahead of us as we can’t even find the “a+b”, let alone a “c” or “d”.

Can you scan what you have and I’ll take another look.

Regards,

Rich"

Glad Rich was able to give me closure about there not being a 1955 Grossman catalog to look for.

Can anybody here recommend a guitar vintage forum so I can ask them if they have the 53 Grossman catalog that might have the c+d etc. further for the 1954 info complete? There are rare Dan Electro pages in that binder that might have the drum pages they are not concerned with. Guitar vintage forum? anybody...

Last edited:

Latest posts