Just Released Rush "Anthem" Tribute with Danny Carey, Les Claypool, etc.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two Seconds to Late Night is a heavy-metal themed talk show hosted by Gwarsenio (the guy with the corpse paint). They've been putting together covers like this for more than a year, but this take on Rush's "Anthem" is particularly star studded with Danny Carey, Les Claypool, Bill Kelleher of Mastodon, Steven Brodsky of Mutoid Man and Claudio Sanchez of Coheed & Cambria on vocals.

Let me know how you like it.

Last edited:

thejohnlec

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this is pretty kick-ass. With regard to this era of Rush, there are some songs I like, some I don't. This is a great tune though, and they really did it justice while putting their stamp on it. Danny Carey is an absolute boss. Also, some of the backgrounds were a great nod to the band and had me laughing.

mebeatee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Great tribute, by monster players who are clearly huge Rush fans. Despite that, someone will probably complain.
Ok then....someone has to.....

Meh/whatever......to each their own...not even a small (rush) fan here....much respect and admiration for this and them though, but still meh.......
As long as they all had fun and no one got poked in the eye or smashed their thumb.
Cool to see Mr. Claypool on a Rikky and not to see the old DT drummer.....he probably did his own...lol.
Do I now have to get a flame retardant suit???
bt

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
You are allowed to have bad taste in music, and bands.
Ok then....someone has to.....

Meh/whatever......to each their own...not even a small (rush) fan here....much respect and admiration for this and them though, but still meh.......
As long as they all had fun and no one got poked in the eye or smashed their thumb.
Cool to see Mr. Claypool on a Rikky and not to see the old DT drummer.....he probably did his own...lol.
Do I now have to get a flame retardant suit???
bt

hsosdrum

Reaction score
As I watched I kept saying out loud "Who's the bass player? He's a monster!!!" Then I read the OP and see it's Les Claypool — that 'splains it. I never minded Geddy's vocals, but it's great to hear his part sung with more balls and better intonation. F***ING AWESOME! Thanks for posting!

Drm1979

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Less claypool in the mask is just funny to me. I know he always theatrical, .my first concert was primus, but the mask on him in this video just makes me chuckle.

RobbiefromAtlanta

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
As I watched I kept saying out loud "Who's the bass player? He's a monster!!!" Then I read the OP and see it's Les Claypool — that 'splains it. I never minded Geddy's vocals, but it's great to hear his part sung with more balls and better intonation. F***ING AWESOME! Thanks for posting!
More balls???? Geddy’s original vocal on Anthem is pretty ballsy and powerful.

Nacci

DFO Master
Reaction score
I saw Primus open for Rush, when?? I can’t remember. I do remember that they ended their set with a medley of Rush tunes, YYZ being one, and just killed it.

The vocals in Anthem are ridiculous, I am really surprised the Geddy Lee was able to keep his voice sounding good for as long as he did.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw Primus open for Rush, when?? I can’t remember. I do remember that they ended their set with a medley of Rush tunes, YYZ being one, and just killed it.

The vocals in Anthem are ridiculous, I am really surprised the Geddy Lee was able to keep his voice sounding good for as long as he did.
1991 according to Wikipedia: The Roll the Bones tour kicked off October 25, 1991 at Copps Coliseum in Hamilton, Ontario and culminated on June 28, 1992 at the World Music Theater in Tinley Park, Illinois. Guitarist Eric Johnson was the initial opening act in the autumn of 1991. American rock band Primus were the opening act for Rush later on this tour, as well as Vinnie Moore.