Just Released Rush "Anthem" Tribute with Danny Carey, Les Claypool, etc.

Nacci

DFO Master
Reaction score
1991 according to Wikipedia: The Roll the Bones tour kicked off October 25, 1991 at Copps Coliseum in Hamilton, Ontario and culminated on June 28, 1992 at the World Music Theater in Tinley Park, Illinois. Guitarist Eric Johnson was the initial opening act in the autumn of 1991. American rock band Primus were the opening act for Rush later on this tour, as well as Vinnie Moore.
Good work, “91” that would have made me 19 years old. We saw them in the Providence Civic Center and my brother had his pick up broken into and all of his CDs stolen.

Trilock_Gurtu

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Ok then....someone has to.....

Meh/whatever......to each their own...not even a small (rush) fan here....much respect and admiration for this and them though, but still meh.......
As long as they all had fun and no one got poked in the eye or smashed their thumb.
Cool to see Mr. Claypool on a Rikky and not to see the old DT drummer.....he probably did his own...lol.
Do I now have to get a flame retardant suit???
bt

Houndog

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

latzanimal

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Halfway between the Quads and the Windy City...
I saw Primus open for Rush, when?? I can’t remember. I do remember that they ended their set with a medley of Rush tunes, YYZ being one, and just killed it.

The vocals in Anthem are ridiculous, I am really surprised the Geddy Lee was able to keep his voice sounding good for as long as he did.
I saw Primus open for Rush on the Counterparts tour in '94 Peoria, IL

bellbrass

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really wanted to see Primus open for Rush in Cincinnati in '94, but I had a gig that night. I should have canceled. I played 4 hours for $60; I could have spent $45 on a ticket and had a much better time.