Just scored a long sought after missing piece...

utdrummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have been looking for a 8" turquoise Premier Genista tom for what seems like years. I currently own the 10,12,13,14 hanging toms with the 16 floor, but have wanted the 8 for upper range tones. Saw a C/L ad last Monday for a complete kit that had the 8" at a real reasonable price here locally so I reached out and made an offer for the 8. Within minutes the seller texted back "yeah, I can do that". Shocked, we set up a mutual time to meet, which turned out to be today, and made the deal. Checked it over, looked good, no dings anywhere, and we talked gear for awhile then split. Got home and knocked off the dust and found a little jewel on my hands. Near perfect color match with my kit and the chrome is typical P
8genista.JPG
remier quality. If you've ever snagged that last piece to your puzzle, you know how it feels. Will set up the big kit after princess awakes from her nap and will post pics later this week. Stunned to have found it so close to home.

supershifter2

DFO Master
Reaction score
i'm still looking for an 80's tama no rering aquamarine superstar 12x15 double head or single head or 14x15. thats the last drum i need i swear on my 65 mustang its the last i will ever buy. NOT !

p.s. see, Mongo does have a horsey worsey

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Congrats in your score...great feeling indeed!

My Holy Grail drum would be a Roger Red Onyx Powertone snare for under $300!!! Lol

Bandit

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I had to buy a complete kit from across the pond to get my missing piece. 10" Premier Black Shadow tom. That was one expensive missing piece. :( Sad thing is, two years before I took too long to purchase the original 7 piece kit from across the pond, and someone bought the 10" from the kit, before I pulled the trigger on it.

mgdrummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
As a fellow Genista fan I totally relate to your story. My most sought after piece came a few years ago when I found the elusive 18” floor tom to match my Damask red kit. There have been more additions since that one but that was the one that eluded me for almost 5 years.

studrum

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Good work, ut. That's right, we have related passions. I have the 90's Genista in 22/10/12/14/16 w/matching 5" snare in your color. I could dig an 8, but even more so a 7x14 snare, which I believe you have. If you see either of these, let me know!

dogmanaut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Good work, ut. That's right, we have related passions. I have the 90's Genista in 22/10/12/14/16 w/matching 5" snare in your color. I could dig an 8, but even more so a 7x14 snare, which I believe you have. If you see either of these, let me know!
Well, if the finish weren’t a deal-breaker for you, this popped up today (not mine):

Latest posts