header.nohb.html

k Constantinople

mikepmcde

Reaction score
Hello all!

last night i went to see the great John Kilzilarmut and asked him about his cymbals. He had the best k light flat ride id ever heard but what caught my attention was his 22” k constantinople. it was less weight that any K con id ever seen at around 2000g. it also had a thin ink stamp that i’ve not been able to find any information on. it looked to have finer lathing and smaller hammer marks too. all around one of the best modern cymbals i’ve heard. hoping someone here has leads to paul francis and can ask him about it.

mikepmcde

Reaction score
Not a Thin Overhammered?
all it said was 22” medium, that’s all that was on it besides the k con logo and ink stamp. which id never seen zildjian make a logo like that before. it just had the normal k con medium features just more scaled down. hammering wasn’t as feel and the lathe grooves were so close together

DWSlingerland45

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

last night i went to see the great John Kilzilarmut and asked him about his cymbals. He had the best k light flat ride id ever heard but what caught my attention was his 22” k constantinople. it was less weight that any K con id ever seen at around 2000g. it also had a thin ink stamp that i’ve not been able to find any information on. it looked to have finer lathing and smaller hammer marks too. all around one of the best modern cymbals i’ve heard. hoping someone here has leads to paul francis and can ask him about it.
Paul Francis is a member here cymbalpaul I believe.

GiveMeYourSmallestSticks!

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That's abnormally light for a 22" medium. Any chance it was modified after manufacture, or any indication that it was a prototype (maybe a bounce over-hammered)? Otherwise my guess would have been a thin over-hammered as well, but even those I've never seen at the 2000g mark in a 22".

GiveMeYourSmallestSticks!

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Paul Francis is a member here cymbalpaul I believe.
Yes, and his first post was providing me with information on a K Con bounce over-hammered prototype I had just acquired. He surely has the knowledge to chime in, but may need more information if you can provide it. Too bad the OP couldn't snag a photo or two for more specifics.

mikepmcde

Reaction score
Yes, and his first post was providing me with information on a K Con bounce over-hammered prototype I had just acquired. He surely has the knowledge to chime in, but may need more information if you can provide it. Too bad the OP couldn't snag a photo or two for more specifics.
i know i wish i had taken a picture!! the drummer told me it was either 2000 or 2200 g. still had the sticker and zildjian logo on the back. my assumption is that zildjian was messing around trying to improve upon the existing k cons and sent out a very limited batch? not sure.