header.nohb.html

K&M 24035 Bass Drum Mic Mount Problem

drumsforme

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Purchased a K&M 24035 Bass drum mic mount about a year ago and although it works fine with hoops with an inlay, it however falls off smooth gloss hoops like the hoops on most Pearl Bass drums. I tried using a d112 and thought maybe it was too heavy so I went with a much lighter mic like the EV PL33 and the same thing happens. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if there is a fix for this problem?

K&M3.jpg
K&M1.jpg
K&M2.jpg

Geardaddy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Not exactly the best clamping design I've seen for holding a heavy microphone, but not the worst either. You could try putting a small strip of gaffers tape (not duct tape) on both sides of the hoop where you are clamping the mic holder. It should prevent slipping. Gaffers tape won't hurt the finish and comes off cleanly.

CherryClassic

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone on the forum rigged a flex boom that mounted on the rim that look pretty good. I don't remember who that was.

sherm

drumsforme

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not exactly the best clamping design I've seen for holding a heavy microphone, but not the worst either. You could try putting a small strip of gaffers tape (not duct tape) on both sides of the hoop where you are clamping the mic holder. It should prevent slipping. Gaffers tape won't hurt the finish and comes off cleanly.
I tried the Gaffers Tape and it worked!.......Thanks!