K sweet crashes?

Funkeecowboy

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 20” that is fantastic - it pairs well with my thin Sabian HH crashes, not something that all K’s do well in my opinion.

Jhouse86

Reaction score
I have a 19 and 20 sweet. Had a 19 and 20 dark thin but sold them off. There is plenty of difference between the sweet and the dark thin. Won't be an issue at all.

Phantomlimb777

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
K Sweet 19” is my current favorite crash for louder stuff. As a dedicated crash, it’s pretty versatile.
If you’re trying to ride them, play them in person first.

IBitePrettyHard

Reaction score
I have 17" and 19" K Sweet crashes. The 19" is easily my favorite.

I'll probably get an 18" as well because I think it'd be a better compliment to the 19" than the 17" is. The 17" isn't bad by any means, I just wish it was slightly bigger and fuller sounding.

@aparker2005, are you sure the K Sweets are higher pitched than the normal Ks? I think the K Sweets are actually thinner than almost everything except the K Clusters, which would make them lower pitched? I dunno, I could be wrong.

aparker2005

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have 17" and 19" K Sweet crashes. The 19" is easily my favorite.

I'll probably get an 18" as well because I think it'd be a better compliment to the 19" than the 17" is. The 17" isn't bad by any means, I just wish it was slightly bigger and fuller sounding.

@aparker2005, are you sure the K Sweets are higher pitched than the normal Ks? I think the K Sweets are actually thinner than almost everything except the K Clusters, which would make them lower pitched? I dunno, I could be wrong.

Yeah they're definitely thinner and should be darker, but I think the raw bells make them higher pitched. I could also be wrong.

Tama CW

DFO Master
Reaction score
I tried a 17,19,21 K Sweet set at home. I really liked the 19. But as a set, I didn't feel they offered me anything I wasn't already getting with
trans stamps, old K's, or even lighter EAK's in similar sizes. If I never had those other cymbals, the K Sweets would have worked. But K's "should" be more raw and organic....less sweet....more filling.

Phantomlimb777

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I tried a 17,19,21 K Sweet set at home. I really liked the 19. But as a set, I didn't feel they offered me anything I wasn't already getting with
trans stamps, old K's, or even lighter EAK's in similar sizes. If I never had those other cymbals, the K Sweets would have worked. But K's "should" be more raw and organic....less sweet....more filling.

At this point the K line are like lower pitched As.

aparker2005

DFO Master
Reaction score
I used my 20" K sweet on an acoustic type coffee shop gig last night. Used rods and brushes. It worked perfectly for a do it all cymbal. Ride and crash both!

IMG_20210717_154015_945.jpg

AtlantaDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
On a different note…attended a funeral and they had a band play at the church. Crashes sounded terrible and stuck out like a sore thumb. I realized how much I appreciate the k crashes. I don’t know what they were, but it was distracting. The cymbals sounded cheap.