header.nohb.html

Keller getting out of the drum shell business ?

CigarScott

Reaction score
Just a small update: I ordered two shells from Nordic (nothing fancy, just regular maple) on Sunday and they shipped today.

Reactions: DBT

1988fxlr

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Nordic shells are a stand alone drum shell company, or are they a part of the same Nordic company that does i-joists and glue lam beams?

CigarScott

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Nordic shells are a stand alone drum shell company, or are they a part of the same Nordic company that does i-joists and glue lam beams?

That company appears to be Canadian and everything I've seen about Nordic sounds like they're drum shell-only business.

DBT

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Just a small update: I ordered two shells from Nordic (nothing fancy, just regular maple) on Sunday and they shipped today.
Good to know . I’m going to be ordering 7 curly maple shells from them .

CigarScott

Reaction score
I'm glad that they're a stand-alone company that drum shells are their bread and butter and not the redheaded stepchild like at Keller and Jasper.

OMNILUG

Reaction score
the 24" tubes are in high demand from other industries such as furniture, display and fixture companies. one such company is ordering $300k of tubes quarterly.. keller options for shells is being reduced.. i recently inquired about ordering 40 shells which has been there minimum for quite sometime and any shell with an exotic or special ply was off the table.. i ended up grabbing standard 7ply maple magnum shells. i had them cut in to 6x14 so that i could get 4 full shells from each tube

bellbrass

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the rumors about Keller are in fact related to some of the difficulties we've seen in the lumber industry.