header.nohb.html

Kelly Shu

John DeChristopher

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one in one of my kicks and it works really well. I drilled a hole at the bottom of the solid reso head (black) the same size as the xlr jack, and just feed 3’ mic cable through that. I then connect a regular length mic cable to run to the snake.
They make something called the "non-drill adaptor" which allows you to run the mic cable through the bass drums' air vent. Easy to install and works really well for us non-porting guys :)

C2625B42-14C6-4202-A80E-DB5C32D56A90.jpeg

bpaluzzi

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Seb77

DFO Master
Reaction score
Nice! I actually did it fully upside down for the Beta52 -- so the "closed" end of the SHU was at the top (B52 on the left, D6 on the right)

View attachment 560137
Looks like in vertical position you can change the distance of the mic from the head using the little slide bar, whereas with horizontal "shu" the mic can slide up and down.

K.O.

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use mine with a Sennheiser e602 in a Gretsch SSB 14x24. Sounds great. I have a couple more Shus to install in other drums.
20220409_225855.jpg

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang , wish I’d have read closer in this thread , looks like I should have hung mine upside down ??

Living Dead Drummer

Reaction score
After many years of using the MAY kick mount I changed up to the SHU. I have them in my live kits. I was using a D6, but changed it out last tour for a Beta 52. The D6 kept falling off the clip in transportation. I prefer the SHU to the MAY mount as with the contact vibration of playing the kick, and transportation on tours the MAY mount would occasionally loosen up and need to be re-set. The SHU doesn't have that problem.

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problem!
Since all the cloth clips are installed and the shock cords made, just unhook and turn the shu over.
You got this!
I was hoping that would work ……will try tonite . My mic is definitely on the heavy end as far as bass mics go …