Kerope vs Agop

drummers_need_coffee.exe

Reaction score
Somebody mentioned a maker called Nickmoon in Jersey the other day. I checked the website and those looked and sound really interesting, with a similar price point. Might make a better solo cymbal addition as well.

Sammybear

Reaction score
I am basically a K guy and love the K Cons, but I've played both Keropes and 30th Anniversary Agop's and some A's. I mixed Keropes and K Cons with other K's. That was ok. I like the Keropes for the mellow attributes, but sometimes you get a gong sounding one. After being influenced by Carter and the musicality of the 30th's, I went all out on Agop and tried the 22 and 20 30th Anniversary with 15 hats. I also mixed in the Agop Signature (tried 19" & 20"..great cymbals) I really love the sound (although the 15" hats, while nice sounding, were a little on the light side). Then I felt like I had betrayed Zildjian, so I went back in that direction and have mixed in some Agop 30th's along the way in quest of that just right nirvana ride. I now play K's, but have had a hard time finding the right ride for me, so have a 20" 30th coming in. The Istanbul Agops are really very nice, musical cymbals, but I was reared on Zildjian and can't shake that completely.

SaranacJack

Reaction score
That’s almost exactly my same thought process and background. I’ve been playing a few 30th and Sig Agops recently and really enjoy them... if there was something modern that crossed the mellow quiet nature of Keropes with the slightly louder and complexity of the K Con line I think it would be what I’m searching for by looking into the Agop lines. Or... does something like that already exist elsewhere?

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That’s almost exactly my same thought process and background. I’ve been playing a few 30th and Sig Agops recently and really enjoy them... if there was something modern that crossed the mellow quiet nature of Keropes with the slightly louder and complexity of the K Con line I think it would be what I’m searching for by looking into the Agop lines. Or... does something like that already exist elsewhere?
I think my paiste traditionals have more modern slightly complex but also..mellow vibe

blownaway

Reaction score
I use two Kerope 19" as my crashes. One heavier one on the lighter side. The Keropes really sound great to me. Use them with my Avedis 22" ride and 15" K light hats.

Last edited:

Latest posts