Kick pedals for Radio King

TattooedDad

Reaction score
Hello All,

I figured Id ask you folks because much to my benefit you seem to know it all!

I have a 50s Radio King. The kick is 22 and I am using a Pearl Eliminator. What Im finding is the space between both bottom lugs is a few cm shorter that what Id like for my pedal which causes one of the T-rods to touch the pedal. My pedal sits fine but Id like a little more wiggle room!

Someone recommended the Tama Speed Cobra, could you suggest anything else that might have a slimmer bass plate? Id prefer something a bit current so that I have the option to tweak for my needs.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

TM

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
I know what you mean, I use my 14x24" Radio King bass drum sometimes, and if the bottom 2 T-rod handles become an issue on the batter side next to the pedal I usually just twist the handle slightly away from the pedal body if possible.

You should measure the base of your Eliminator so you'll know to buy something thinner OR find a pedal without a base plate at all.

I've used lots of pedals on mine, with or without baseplates - Ghost, Gibraltar, Tama, Axis. and they've all managed to work fine with a couple micro-adjustments here & there.

SlingRKBD.JPG

Ideally, THIS would be the appropriate pedal for an old Radio King BD....but it's not very practical or reliable :laughing6:

SlingEpicPedalFront.jpg SlingEpicPedal.jpg

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Another option would be to replace the bottom 2 T-handle rods with a couple of modern key-head rods, nobody will notice those on the batter side anyway, and 2 rods are cheaper than buying another pedal!

TattooedDad

Reaction score
Thats a beautiful kit! Thank you for those excellent suggestions. Im going to investigate both and I may have a solution now! Much appreciated.

TM

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Haha, I suspect this has more to do with you wanting to get a new pedal than it does with any T-rod clearance issue. :laughing6:

TattooedDad

Reaction score
Hahaha man when the bug bites...it bites!

I should measure that t-rod and try that first. Def the cheapest option and would fix the issues right away.