kicks dirt....rolls eyes..clears throat....

cdlaine

DFO Master
Reaction score
Icksnay Jimi...

already got one in that flavor... make a run at it if you see fit. appears healthy. 8)

Peace, Chas

Bongojimi

Founder
Reaction score
I'm tracking this one also.
Not really my flavor...But nice just the same.
If these Slingerlands sound as good as Ludwig Pioneers from the same period...Their definately "Good" buy if had for under $150. Preferable under $125. I would think that finding one with Mahogany inner ply would be the most desired.

Bongo

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
the gold one in the auction i referenced above also sold for 80 bucks or so. thats a nice price for those drums. anybody here get either one of them by any chance?

mike

marko52

Piper At the Gates of Dawn
Reaction score
Yup..that would be me, on the red one. And I'm blaming you guys!

I'm new to this vintage stuff, & have promised myself to stick with the Ludwigs of my youth--there's plenty there to learn. And if I branch out to Slingys & Rogers, & Gretschs, God forbid, there'll be no end to all this. (witness all you indescriminate vintage junkies). But all this recent talk about these drums has caught me at a time of personal weakness, & I bid. As has been said---these things really go for cheap! So....I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival! The truth is, my $ should be going towards my first KB Supra, but nice wood snares are a real pleasure to hold .
Thanks for the 'heads-up'....marko

wmpchris

Reaction score
i bid on the gold but chickened out in the end, currently kicking myself. $81 with wfl snare stand and billy gladstone practice pad. ahh welll

yeah I was going for the gold one too my my computer had other ideas! Next time....

marko52

Piper At the Gates of Dawn
Reaction score
There may be something in these posts you could put to use....

Yeah, Chas...these are the posts I was talking about; you guys were so enthusiastic about these snares, I decided I had to check them out. When it gets here, I'll polish it up & see if I can't get it looking like everyone else's. You guys sure make 'em shine....marko

Latest posts