Late 90s DW Collector's opinion

Rmgreg

Reaction score
I stumbled on this complete 7 piece set with double pedal, cymbals and stands. It's a 1 owner 99 model I think with a few minor scratches. Any recommendations on value? I was a little worried about resale with the gold hardware.

DW Drums - Collector's Series Maple Mahogany 7-piece Kit
- 22" Bass Drum (1x)
- 14" Snare Drum (1x)
- 10/12/14/16" Standing Toms (1x/each)
- 18" Floor Tom (1x)

- Spare Yamaha Snare Drum (14") with hard case (1x) and Sabian cymbals

IMG_0861.JPEG

Rmgreg

Reaction score
I think the Maple Mahogany only came around 2014 or so.... Not sure the exact year.
Seeing multiple mentions of 1999 maple mahogany collectors series in Google search

Rmgreg

Reaction score
Yeah... that sounds more correct.

Gold looks great IMO.

How much ??
I'm trying to determine a fair offer. Listed at 3999 with everything including hard cases but he is very willing to negotiate. Any concerns about the gold hardware?

Rhyma Hop

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Seeing multiple mentions of 1999 maple mahogany collectors series in Google search
Interior of the drums would be dark brown...... These are obviously maple.. .

The Gold looks in good shape.. and that is a great deal IMO.. with all that stuff.... Make your offer and see what happens.

I would not worry about resale with the Gold .

Zeroesque

Reaction score
it can eventually sell for 4k...at 3k you're doing well.

Can the tom stands go any higher? j/k...

[edit] Just saw you posted the asking price...figures

Rmgreg

Reaction score
it can eventually sell for 4k...at 3k you're doing well.

Can the tom stands go any higher? j/k...

[edit] Just saw you posted the asking price...figures
Yeah the toms look like a steep angle too

Rmgreg

Reaction score
Confirmed they are all maple shells with mahogany lacquer

Rmgreg

Reaction score
Exactly. Rich guy beginner? The whole setup looks funny, and I'm really a keyboard player. Super pretty drum set, though. Good luck!
Says he is the original owner purchased in 1999 and giggled some. Very odd setup.

Zeroesque

Reaction score
Says he is the original owner purchased in 1999 and giggled some. Very odd setup.
Tell me they're the original heads! Could be a nice find if you're into those sizes. I have an 18" floor on my Performance series and it's awesome.

Rmgreg

Reaction score
Tell me they're the original heads! Could be a nice find if you're into those sizes. I have an 18" floor on my Performance series and it's awesome.
Planning to play 80s rock so I think they work. Evans heads look pretty new.

rculberson

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That's a great deal on nice set of drums. The gold looks great with those mahogany finished drums. 18" floor tom too
"BUY THEM"
^THIS

Work a little deal if you can, but with all the goodies included I think it’s good to go. Might want to verify if the gold hardware is actually gold or brass. Dee Dub offers 24k hardware at a significant upcharge. If these are actually that stuff, value added.

Rmgreg

Reaction score
^THIS

Work a little deal if you can, but with all the goodies included I think it’s good to go. Might want to verify if the gold hardware is actually gold or brass. Dee Dub offers 24k hardware at a significant upcharge. If these are actually that stuff, value added.
I'm betting not 24k.. I think the cases alone may be worth $1k new. I'm going to try to work a deal

rculberson

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm betting not 24k.. I think the cases alone may be worth $1k new. I'm going to try to work a deal
I stand corrected. Just checked DW’s site. Gold is offered but not brass. My bad. Work that deal and score a great set of drums!

sixplymaple

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
What cymbals does it come with? It comes with all the hardware pictured? What double pedal is it?