Least Favorite Cover Songs To Play

snappy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Respectfully taking Drumwhipper's thread the other direction...
Keep your hands to yourself
Rocky Mountain Way
Gimme Three Steps
One way or another
Girls, girls, girls

Last edited:

Grooovepig

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
"Billy Jean" - Michael Jackson. It would be good in an MJ/ 80's medley but to do the whole song beginning to end is boring.

"Funky Music" - <blech!>

"You May Be Right" - Billy Joel. I want to gouge my eyeballs out with a melon scooper.

"What I Like About You" - The Romantics

We don't play "Rosalita," "Mustang Sally," "Blister in the Sun," "Jenny, Jenny," or "Jessie's Girl" and I'm very happy to keep it that way.

Murat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
We used to play Everlong from Foo Fighters. No matter how relaxed I tried to be with those 16th note hi hats, by the end of the song, I could not feel my forearms. We always played it as a last song of a set so I would have time to recover :)

Ickybaby

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Keep Your Hands To Yourself.

I. Hate. This. Song.

This song is bad country and bad rock all rolled into one turgid stink bomb.I hated it in 1987 when WXRT first scarred my psyche with it and it followed me in top 40s and later oldies cover bands for nearly 30 years.

I now refuse to do it, citing a finite amount of movement left in my arms that will not be wasted on that song.

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
If the crowd likes a song, I like to play it. If it has been done too many times over the years, I try and find ways to challenge myself, not by making the parts more complex, but identifying ways to make it more musical, have a deeper groove, or a better pocket. I had to chide our guitarist because he would verbally minimize the one-note guitar lead at the end of Cinnamon Girl. He would say something like "Here's the worlds most difficult guitar lead". I told him offline that maybe it was indeed the most difficult because a wind-up monkey can play straight eighth notes on a single string, but it takes a musician to make it musical and interesting. Also, if Nigel Tufnel has taught us anything it should be that making a lead LOOK difficult by contorting one's face and posturing just so, is what Rock & Roll is really all about!