Leedy 1940s Floor Tom Parts

red66charger

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Howdy folks. I picked up what I think was a 1940s Leedy 16" floor tom a while back. The shell was shot after what looked to be serious water damage. It literally crumbled in my hands while I was removing all the hardware. I was after the leg brackets on this drum so the rest of the hardware is available. (One hoop has sold. One remaining)

- 1x 16" NOB Single Flange Hoop. This hoop is pretty nice but is missing some nickel plating on the inside of the hoop. $35 plus shipping.

SOLD - 8x NOB Lugs with mounting hardware (Lot 1). These lugs are in nice shape with signs of age. Includes swivel nuts and springs. I did what I could to get the rust off of the mounting hardware. Some of it is rust free. It's all there though. $40 shipped to CONUS.

SOLD - 8x NOB Lugs with mounting hardware (Lot 2). These lugs are in nice shape with signs of age. Includes swivel nuts and springs. I did what I could to get the rust off of the mounting hardware. Some of it is rust free. It's all there though. $40 shipped to CONUS.

- 8x Tension Rods. These rods are cosmetically rough. They may be a candidate for re-plating? Rods measure 3" from end to end. Washers included. $20 shipped to CONUS.

- 1x Badge. Fair condition no grommet. (WWII era?) $20 shipped to CONUS.

- Tone Control #1 - Fair condition. The stem that the tensioner screws down on is bent a little. The other end of the stem is loose from the hole in the cross rod socket. It may push away until you get the part mounted and tightened some. I'm guessing it will still work though. Nickel plating on knob is in fair condition. Non-original felt. NO mounting hardware. $25 shipped to CONUS.

- Tone Control #2 - Fair condition. Nickel plating on knob is in fair condition. Non-original felt. NO mounting hardware. $30 shipped to CONUS.

Rather than post a bunch of photos, I have a gallery of all these items here. Let me know if you need more specific photos: https://debrajeans.smugmug.com/Music/Leedy-Floor-Tom-Parts

Let me know if I'm way off on pricing. I'm open to trades for Camco or vintage George Way parts, hoops, tone controls, etc. I'm also looking for vintage 14" COB single flange hoops for a snare drum.

Last edited:

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
Interested in the lugs...got a picture(s)? and shipping to 02494??

Mendozart

Jenkins-Martin rep
Reaction score
If someone needs the leg brackets, I think I have three of them. Hey red66, can you post pics of the leg brackets?

red66charger

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
If someone needs the leg brackets, I think I have three of them. Hey red66, can you post pics of the leg brackets?
Sure Greg. Actually, the reason I bought this damaged Leedy floor tom was for the leg brackets and hoop clips (again, the shell was ruined from water damage. The wrap just lifted right off and the shell disintegrated as I removed the hardware).

I wanted these Leedy leg brackets as I believe they have the same hole spacing as George Way and Camco leg brackets. My plan is to put these on a early 4-ply Camco 16" floor tom. I got stuck at getting them chromed. These were nickel but the plating is rough. They are a slightly different design from Way/Camco but not too far off.

Here are pics of the Leedy brackets and of a bracket on one of my Camco floor toms. The Camco bracket appears to be chrome.

Attachments

Mendozart

Jenkins-Martin rep
Reaction score
Sure Greg. Actually, the reason I bought this damaged Leedy floor tom was for the leg brackets and hoop clips (again, the shell was ruined from water damage. The wrap just lifted right off and the shell disintegrated as I removed the hardware).

I wanted these Leedy leg brackets as I believe they have the same hole spacing as George Way and Camco leg brackets. My plan is to put these on a early 4-ply Camco 16" floor tom. I got stuck at getting them chromed. These were nickel but the plating is rough. They are a slightly different design from Way/Camco but not too far off.

Here are pics of the Leedy brackets and of a bracket on one of my Camco floor toms. The Camco bracket appears to be chrome.
Yep, those are the ones I have. They were in a can of parts that I picked up in the Allen Blaemire estate sale. If anyone needs them, pm me.

Latest posts