Leedy Lugs.

D. B. Cooper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas.
I'm currently working on building a custom drumset for myself and I'm toying with using Leedy Beavertails on the toms and bass.
I currently have some that I saved from a huge, old, badly damaged 32" marching bass drum, so that's a start. I don't remember how many it had per side, but definitely enough to do a bass drum and part of another drum. They are nickel plated. Going to dig em up and polish them up this week.
My questions for you guys are how many sizes and types of Leedy Beavertails were there? Were there smaller ones made for smaller drums like toms?
I've seen that they were also available in or maybe transitioned to chrome, and also that some have a little "foot" that sticks out where they meet the shell and some don't. If I recall correctly, mine don't have a threaded post that stick down through the shell, which is a feature that I liked about Slingerland and Ludwig drums of different eras.
Any thoughts or things I should consider?
Thanks!

D. B. Cooper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of yours?
I don't have any pictures of mine. Still trying to find them, haha. They're just like all of the other nickel plated ones that I have seen, without getting wider at the base.

davezedlee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The SlingerLeedy have the tabs and come in two sizes, bass drum lugs being longer
IMG_0999.JPG
IMG_1001.JPG

Latest posts