Leedy Parallel Strainer: Which Version is Most Reliable?

gkrk

Reaction score
I'm wondering which of the three (I think it's three) Leedy parallel strainers is the most reliable, especially after all the many years
that have passed since these were on the market. The first version has always looked sort of light-weight, but for all I know it's the
most reliable.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Jeremy

clowndog

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
the 4th Version with the fixed arm imo. You were able to individually adjust each wire by then and you had better throw than the first version for sure. It is also the sturdiest mechanically. These are the scarcest of the four versions however. Version two and three are relatively close in build.

The first version looks the coolest though.

gkrk

Reaction score
Thanks. I didn't know there was a 4th version. I'll look for pictures and info online and in the books.

The 1st version kind of reminds me of a praying mantis and, as you note, looks the coolest.

gkrk

Reaction score
the 4th Version with the fixed arm imo. You were able to individually adjust each wire by then and you had better throw than the first version for sure. It is also the sturdiest mechanically. These are the scarcest of the four versions however. Version two and three are relatively close in build.

Now I see that the 2nd & 3rd are very similar, with the primary difference being in
the change from version 2's "removal" lever arm to version 3's solid/"permanent"
lever.

curotto

DFO Master
Reaction score

I concur...

Mike Curotto

gkrk

Reaction score
4th version definitely looks more substantial. Thanks all around for the replies.

Latest posts