LEGEND drums

va87

Reaction score
I am a Sonor/Yamaha guy. However.......

A while back, I came across a just ridiculous deal on a LEGEND kit. They needed a wee bit of TLC, so I got them and began to love on'em.
I remembered these drums from the nineties........as I recall, they were considered to be upper end drums, comparable to DW at the time.
The more I dug around and learned about them, the more it became clear to me that this kit I had was quite a rare bird...
8/10/12 mounted toms, 14/16 floor toms, 22 VIRGIN BD, 13SD with DC hoops. Inside each drum is a paper tag with model #, S/N, and date (I assume this is the "born on" date). They appear to be pretty much consecutively made drums. They are a dark tealish green lacquer. The finish on some of the drums is checking in places, and I was STRONGLY encouraged to just leave it be! VERY little pitting on the extremely (to my mind) heavy duty hardware. The BD was dropped somewhere along the way on the reso side, hard enough to have broken the hoop and cracked the shell for about 1'-2' back. I have had that repaired professionally by a local guy here in Atlanta, and he did a very excellent, good repair. The bearing edge is in fine condition, and you cannot see ANYTHING about it from 3 ft. away. I bought new hoops.......haven't finished them yet. The BD spurs are missing the rubber tips.......the 16" FT need legs and tension rods......I just haven't gotten them yet. That stuff is not big deal things.

As I'm trying to learn more about these drums, I would like your input about them. Any special knowledge you might have, thoughts/opinions/comments, as well as value would be welcome. I have a few pictures.......

legends 001.jpg
legends 004.jpg
legends 007.jpg
Picture 019.jpg
legend snare.jpg
Picture 034.jpg
Picture 035.jpg
Picture 036.jpg

va87

Reaction score
That is what I had heard. They look really nice, and they sound AWESOME!! Happy I got them!