let´s pretend we´re on cymbalholics...

Old PIT Guy

Reaction score
This is somewhat OT, but whenever I see a cymbalholics thread I fondly recall when a guy got into it a little bit with the membership over something to do with guys 'obsessed with splang-a-lang' and asked if they ever played songs. This was back when the forum was open to the public, I wasn't a member.

Naturally, it heated it up a little bit with the usual slings and arrows, and this guy says, "OK, I'll post some stuff," and starts posting videos. One hit song after another. And it's a long list. Turned out it was Gary Ferguson, the drummer on the hit songs. Easily in my top 3 lifetime threads ...just priceless.

TPC

Reaction score
Old Ks', new K's, SCDR, SCDC, Xist Dry Dark Drier Darker whatever, the flat looks more Zildjiany than Paiste-y ...

Markkuliini

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Zildjian 22" dark medium on the far left bottom row, 22" Constantinople Renaissance ride in the middle and 22" Constantinople medium ride on top of it. 22" K custom left side ride on far right top row.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Reaction score
Zildjian, Paiste, Sabian, Xist......

Ok, here goes:
Top: Not sure, Old A, Xist, K Con, Old A, older K special Dry ride
Bottom: K crash, A, A pang/swish, K Con, Istanbul K, Istanbul K, not sure.

ThomasL

Reaction score
and play "can you name these rides?"

View attachment 448075

wouldn´t have taken too long to get (a few) right answer(s) if this really was ch ... ;)
Hi Karl!

The left hand side is a bit dark, so I start from the right:

Zildjian K Special Dry above Paiste 22 SCDR
Old A(?) above 22" old K (new stamp), with 18" old k (old stamp?) in front
K Con something above K Con Bounce
Istanbul something (? never seen before) above 22 Swish Knocker, with 18 flat (Paiste 602?) in front
old A above 22 K dark Medium
last one: no idea...

Phantomlimb777

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have deemed all of your rides too heavy. If they’re not too heavy, they’re too light.

hawker

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Ha! Title of this thread made me laugh. I love this forum and have for many years but I also really miss the comoradierie of the 'Holics. I know some have transitioned over here...but not all. Or, I don't know their new names?

owr

Reaction score
I remember that. My favorite version of drum forum shenanigans was on 'Holic when Chris Whitten and some high school kid for the midwest got into it pretty deep. It was a good education on internet "experts" years before facebook, but then again Chris should have known better. I miss the place to, but nice to have a home here as well. I've been amazed lately at the amount of quality studio/recording advice I've been able to get.

This is somewhat OT, but whenever I see a cymbalholics thread I fondly recall when a guy got into it a little bit with the membership over something to do with guys 'obsessed with splang-a-lang' and asked if they ever played songs. This was back when the forum was open to the public, I wasn't a member.

Naturally, it heated it up a little bit with the usual slings and arrows, and this guy says, "OK, I'll post some stuff," and starts posting videos. One hit song after another. And it's a long list. Turned out it was Gary Ferguson, the drummer on the hit songs. Easily in my top 3 lifetime threads ...just priceless.

ZiggyM

Reaction score
I see some cymbals I could afford, some that I couldn't. One or two that I wouldn't dream of paying that kind of money for a cymbal

ZiggyM

Reaction score
'Holics could get a bit tasty....I lost a leg in the "flame war" period.

Reactions: egw

OZjazzer

Reaction score
Yes it’s good to see a sprinkle of Cymbaholics here. CH had its ups and downs but for a returning drummer like me who hadn’t touched a drum for over 35 years it was priceless. Still miss it and of course many of the guys.

Seb77

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It was good while it lasted. Great actually when it came to collecting knowledge, raising standards (gram weight of cymbals anyone, soundfiles/videos of individual cymbals for sale), but - I don't miss it. I like it here, I like fb, yt etc... time moves on.

vinnyrac63

Reaction score
The true cymbalholics have owned a Skibba, played a Luigi, had Lee on speed dial and broke bread with Roberto himself. The rest of you's is posers! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Latest posts