Let’s see your War wounds…hand and arm surgery scars

gretschdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Obviously drumming is horrible on your hands back etc

Us older guys talk of back hand shoulder issues and sounds Like so many of us have gone under the knife

Like in jaws where they Try to outdo each other with scars I’ll start

Two cubital tunnel surgeries
Two scars on the elbow
On on the palm
C5 to c7 neck fusion surgery

Now shoulder tendinitis cortisone injections

Attachments

Last edited:

Hypercaffium

Reaction score
I don't like to share my face over the internet, but I've been bitten by a 70kg Corso dog. You can imagine where he bit me.

Ray Dee Oh King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Obviously drumming is horrible on your hands back etc

Us older guys talk of back hand shoulder issues and sounds Like so many of us have gone under the knife

Like in jaws where they Try to outdo each other with scars I’ll start

Two cubital tunnel surgeries
Two scars on the elbow
On on the palm
C5 to c7 neck fusion surgery

Now shoulder tendinitis cortisone injections
I had the same surgery. Right arm. Mines from baseball though, not drumming.

NobleCooleyNut

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I broke both the thumbs and torn the ligaments playing baseball many years ago . I did this on consecutive years ! Right one first , then the left . Took awhile (6months) to get full mobility back . One thing that did come of this , is that my grip has become more relaxed and my chops improved as a result . I have permanent titanium pins in each thumb .

Sinclair

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I was once in a local snare drum competition. I had prepared a piece that ended with a inverted double Swiss Ratamaque at triple forte and a blistering tempo. My performance was going fantastically and I was nailing everything. As I approached this difficult rudiment I, on the spur of the moment, and for a reason that has alluded me ever since, decided to play it in inverse retrograde. Perhaps to impress the judges i'll never know. Without warning the tips of both my index fingers immediately separated and were catapulted across the room followed by a stream of blood, both landing on the judges table in a bloody mess. I was naturally in shock but by some miracle finished the piece to a stunned audience, now on their feet applauding wildly. It was enough to land me first place. I was fully recovered in three months minus the tips of both index fingers, and with practice have been able to play faster than ever.

Attachments

gretschdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I was once in a local snare drum competition. I had prepared a piece that ended with a inverted double Swiss Ratamaque at triple forte and a blistering tempo. My performance was going fantastically and I was nailing everything. As I approached this difficult rudiment I, on the spur of the moment, and for a reason that has alluded me ever since, decided to play it in inverse retrograde. Perhaps to impress the judges i'll never know. Without warning the tips of both my index fingers immediately separated and were catapulted across the room followed by a stream of blood, both landing on the judges table in a bloody mess. I was naturally in shock but by some miracle finished the piece to a stunned audience, now on their feet applauding wildly. It was enough to land me first place. I was fully recovered in three months minus the tips of both index fingers, and with practice have been able to play faster than ever.

Hmmmm

At least you won

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
simple (god forbid not compound) (shin) (minor actually sorta) (2 places) and like the Doc said -healed back stronger (I was 14 Bike accident (solo bike accident
It's why I'm so mean today Grrrrrr
soon as that cast came off I went straight to Good Times Bad Times nailed it and never looked back fact.
1970-71

JDA19691.jpg then

Aug2twentyone 007.JPG today

no head hand foot or arm injuries ever.

Last edited:

bigbonzo

DFO Star
Reaction score
Okaaay.....

Rock Salad

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
My right hand and wrist are all busted up inside from a few separate injuries. But having had these untreated scars so long, it's just natural for me to be very aware of motions and stresses. Automatic tension sensors