Let's Guess what Steve Jordan's drums..

what drums will S. Jordan have with the Stones

• Trixon (old ones)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

musiqman

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
He used the ripple Rogers on the last tour with Mayer (on the 3io stage, his MC on the band stage) and a black one with Robert Cray too.

He also got this RB a few years ago.

1628183562562.png

He uses the Trixon with The Verbs.
1628183601608.png

AtlantaDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
He used the ripple Rogers on the last tour with Mayer (on the 3io stage, his MC on the band stage) and a black one with Robert Cray too.

He also got this RB a few years ago.

View attachment 511664

He uses the Trixon with The Verbs.
View attachment 511665
I think his black Gretsch here is a new one. Could be wrong (not that it’s important). But to collectors, it’s a pretty big deal. Not to mention big $$$ difference.

Carlos McSnurf

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
If somebody filled in for Keef, they would use his guitar. That’s a huge part of the sound. You wouldn’t take a Les Paul to fill in for a guy who uses a tele. Charlie’s drums sound like the stones drums. If you go changing the cymbals/snare/drums then it ain’t the sound.

I feel confident he’ll use exactly what Charlie uses.
Charlie recorded with Ludwig. The sound is his hands regardless the brand. Calling Steve for job is more of calling an excellent session player capable to get close to Charlie touch.

nmosko

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Charlie recorded with Ludwig. The sound is his hands regardless the brand. Calling Steve for job is more of calling an excellent session player capable to get close to Charlie touch.
100% true, but as far as the touch and feel that’s different than what I’m talking about. In keef’s book he said that Steve Jordan is the only guy he’s ever heard who could come close to Charlie’s touch.

What I mean is that he’s use the same drums to get the actual tones,eq, tuning, etc. that’s been the sound of the drums on stones live shows for years. I feel like they’d want to duplicate those things the same way they’d duplicate the amp/knob settings on a guitar.

also, no idea Charlie recorded with ludwigs! That’s a really cool fact! Thanks!!

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then again, he is a Yamaha endorser and Yamaha may not be very happy if he doesn’t have their name on his drums playing these massive stadiums
I think The Rolling Stones overrule any sub's endorsements. Normal rules and customs don't apply here.

WLVN

Reaction score
SJ will play Yamaha. Rolling Stones Inc. isn't going to dictate an equipment brand. If Charlie died, I could see them honoring him by using the '57 Gretsch kit.

Will they make SJ 'pause' his right hand to hit all the backbeats like Charlie? That's the real question :icon_e_geek:

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
100% true, but as far as the touch and feel that’s different than what I’m talking about. In keef’s book he said that Steve Jordan is the only guy he’s ever heard who could come close to Charlie’s touch.
ya ahh forgot about "Mister Jimmy"Miller dincha.

Last edited:

lamartee

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
SJ will play Yamaha. Rolling Stones Inc. isn't going to dictate an equipment brand. If Charlie died, I could see them honoring him by using the '57 Gretsch kit.

Will they make SJ 'pause' his right hand to hit all the backbeats like Charlie? That's the real question :icon_e_geek:
Already comes natural to him. (no surprise there)

I've seen this line up live. This was a seriously bada*s band!

squidart

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are probably a bunch of humans in the Yamaha megacorp that would say, "Hell yeah Steve. Please honor Charlie and play his kit. Just give us a plug by saying we let you do it with our blessing"

There is also a legal department.

The suspense is killing me.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are probably a bunch of humans in the Yamaha megacorp that would say, "Hell yeah Steve. Please honor Charlie and play his kit. Just give us a plug by saying we let you do it with our blessing"
no no..
"we just receive message Steve Jordan going out with Stones"
"how we design to look like Gretsch?"
"we already design to look like Gretsch"
"then ok let him use anything?"
"yes and put natural maple back in the catalog Now"
"die cast hoop?"
"die cast hoop"
"5 lug 12?"
"you to HR immediately"

Last edited:

Houndog

DFO Master
Reaction score
The Orange Swirl Kit wouldn’t look right with The Stones methinks ……

Yamaha natural maple kit , doesn’t Steve already have one ???