Let's See 'em: Your Favorite Drummin' Shoes

& You Dont Stop

Drumming Since '85
Reaction score
If you drum barefoot, that's fine, you DON'T need to post a pic of your piggies!

My good ol' K Swiss sneakers offer great comfort, pedal traction and tactile feedback

Attachments

agogobil

Drum Czardine
Reaction score
Altra Instinct or solid black Chuck's for formal gigs

tommykat1

DFO Star
Reaction score
Shoot, I just wear an old pair of my Mizuno Wave Rider running shoes. That's for the casual gigs. If I have to get dressed up, I wear some rubber soled dress shoes. No big deal.

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
I prefer socks. The tactile connection of barefoot, but with a bit of cushion. For shoes, I like a thin sole without much tread.

Terry Bozzio wears big ol army boots, the standard black punk rock ones, and still has amazing footwork. He must practice a little. :)

cornelius

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Depends on the time of year - flip flops to Timberlands...

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
I used to wear Chucks, but I discovered PF Flyers a few years ago and never looked back. This isn't my pic, but these are like the ones I wear. For more formal gigs, I also have an all-black pair. I replaced the stock insoles with better ones and wear them all the time, not just while drumming.

Attachments

R

RickP

image.jpeg

These are what work for me these days. I like shoes with a flat , flexible sole. Leather soled dress shoes work for the Black tie gigs.

TDM

Yapping Internet Mutt
Reaction score
I typically play in socks. Why? Because I like having access to the fine motor control in the toes and the fine motor control of the entire foot. To me, this is like hands. I don't play with gloves on my hands for the same reason and therefore I don't limit my feet, either. So why socks then instead of entirely barefoot? I wear black socks so that when I take my shoes off, nobody notices. When playing upscale places, one cannot go barefoot so I've trained myself for the next best thing. I use thin socks so to maximize the feeling and control I get from my feet.

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
I've played in every type of shoe over the years.

Of course, around the house I'll play in athletic shoes or whatever I'm wearing, but nightclub gigs are almost always some type of dress shoe unless it's a casual outdoor gig.

dwdave

Groovinator
Reaction score
I have a older version of these. I have wide feet and these things still fit great. Really thin and available at REI...Can't say enough good things about them.

Attachments