Let's take turns writing a drumming story.

Stickclick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Let's write a drumming story. Each contributor writes a sentence or more and we see where it goes. I'll start:

Joey was so excited! This was his first time playing drums in front of the music store. Joey was 13 years old, and his older keyboard playing sister was 15. Joey and his sister were in this music store a lot. The other day they were in the store buying a tambourine, Joey said to the lady at the counter, "We're in a band!" The lady replied, "Really? Would you like to play here sometime?" And now Joey and his sister Ann were setting up for their show.

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
....when suddenly the older sister, Ann, suspected Joey was getting more attention because of his drumming and his "male privilege".

Ann absolutely hated that.

After finishing their first song, Ann began berating little Joey about his "stupid" instrument and "lack of musicianship" .

"drums are stupid!" Ann loudly sneered, to which the counter lady replied "Now, Now Children! Please behave while on the premises"

This only served to enrage Ann even more and due to her utter disdain for authority figures she violently ripped her casio keyboard from it's stand and threw it with all her strength at the counter lady (who thankfully ducked) before the casio flew right into the ukulele display behind the counter, sending all 12 ukuleles crashing to the floor while Ann loudly exclaimed "DON'T YOU EVER refer to me as a child" "I am three weeks away from my 16th birthday and I AM An ADULT!"
It was then that Ann suddenly grabbed an Atlas mic stand and lunged at the counter lady while screaming profanities at the top of her lungs.

By this point little Joey launched into his very first drum solo, gyrating crashing and pounding away with the intent of drowning out his sister's ugly tirade, it was an extremely loud & chaotic scene and the county offices next door could clearly hear the commotion thru the wall.

10 minutes later the cops showed up.....

Last edited:

DrummerJustLikeDad

That's Me, The Silent Son
Reaction score
Drumline in the Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging
Hours later, Joey found himself destitute and out on the street. One moment, fame and fortune had loomed before him, now he was alone with no prospects for a future.

How had it all happened so fast?

He could still remember walking up to Ann, warming up at her keyboard. The house lights had dimmed and the crowd was buzzing. Moments before the show was about to go on, Joey walked over from behind his drums, unfolding some paper from his back pocket.

“Look, sis! I’ve written a song!”

Last edited:

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
"And it's a good song too. You and me, we could be the next The Carpenters, in reverse of course, but for f*^ks sake, you need to do something about your anger management issues. Got dammit, Ann, you can be a real c*^t sometimes."

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Fast forward eight years to the day Ann made the statement that changed our lives forever: "Actually, I think I'm the natural drummer and you need to explore your talent on guitar in a two-person combo we'll call The White Stripes!"

Old PIT Guy

Reaction score
In a twist of fate, Ann became interested in contemporary intersectional social issues, becoming a woke guru at Evergreen college causing a meltdown but later writing a best selling book on guilting, owing much of it to those early days emasculating her brother.

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Frank eventually awakened....in a pool of his own sweat and vomit and realized for the first time since he had come down with the COVID that he always wanted to play drums...his tortured dreams of other’s talent now serving as a constant reminder of just how much of a loser he really was.....

Polska

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
...in desperation, he reached out to his former music teacher for advice. After a 14 day self-quarantine, which was easy considering his lack of friends, he followed up on his teacher's lead and faster than he could believe he was working the counter at "Subway" on his own. "Unbelievable" he thought, smiling to himself. It's all coming together...

Drumstickdude

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Well he called himself Frank ( he couldn't daren't tell the gangsters his real name) as he had to do some dodgy drug buying and selling to make enough for a new drum kit. ..........

MrYikes

Reaction score
And that is when Leslie entered the story. She was a very energetic person, always flitting from here to there and never leaving anyone alone, always in your face, always with a comment. Frank started swatting at her like she was a fly. He realized as his arms were swishing through the air, he needed to raise his cymbals way up high to look cool.

Pibroch

Reaction score
Frank awoke in a sweat. Upon realising again it wasn't real he started thinking - do these dreams mean something more specific? ... Leslie? ... Hammond organ?

His mind immediately went to a certain Chicago organ trio. It had been almost six years since he last saw the Bobby Broom Organ Station and their super hip traps master, whom he could not help but focus on for the entire time they played, Makaya McCraven. Even though he had come to see the Steely Dan concert which followed, his only memory of that night was the funky, soul-soaked playing of that particular drummer. Wonder what he's up to these days, he thought.

He went to the kitchen, made himself a strong espresso, and started searching the internet for answers.

Last edited:

gwbasley

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
As he was opening his Firefox default search engine, "duck duck go" his concentration was interrupted by a knock on the door. He closed the cover on his laptop, went to the door and slowly opened it. "Hi Frank, it's me Joey". "What the...", Frank responded, "You can't be real, you were a Covid dream character!" "Sorry about that Covid thing, man, but I'm for real and you should have been there for the blow out at the music store. My sister melted down and then there were adult lectures and, finally, the cops. If that wan't enough, my parents disowned me and now I'm on the street."