Light Thrones

Rik_Everglade

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I do not care that my throne is heavy. I'm taking the time and effort to make sure my ass doesn't get chapped or sore during a gig. I can just reduce my set by a couple of cymbals, maybe I don't need toms...But I want my PorkPie throne!

stick2it

Reaction score
Quick update on my Rogers HD8, following my post of several days ago here. I just had a two hour session without getting up from it, and it never occurred to me that it was not sufficiently comfortable. Maybe the HD8's seat becomes more comfortable with a little breaking in? Another thing to consider: if you have more than one throne, your seats might have the same diameter post, which means you can swap out seats. My more comfortable Gibraltar round seat fits on the HD8 base for when I have a longer session to play. The HD8 base is very nice -- maybe the best you can find for a throne that can capably support anyone of us. It also has that vintage vibe.

Heartbeat

Advanced Heart Guru
Reaction score
Quick update on my Rogers HD8, following my post of several days ago here. I just had a two hour session without getting up from it, and it never occurred to me that it was not sufficiently comfortable. Maybe the HD8's seat becomes more comfortable with a little breaking in? Another thing to consider: if you have more than one throne, your seats might have the same diameter post, which means you can swap out seats. My more comfortable Gibraltar round seat fits on the HD8 base for when I have a longer session to play. The HD8 base is very nice -- maybe the best you can find for a throne that can capably support anyone of us. It also has that vintage vibe.
For those of you using the new Rogers, how much does the base weigh without the seat top? I'm guessing it's heavier than the Yamaha 750 base?

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
For those of you using the new Rogers, how much does the base weigh without the seat top? I'm guessing it's heavier than the Yamaha 750 base?
The whole shebang is 8.4 pounds, so I am guessing that the base is six pounds or slightly less.