Limited edition S.L.P Tama starclassic G-Bubinga drum kit.

jermss9

Reaction score
I'm not positive but it seems every time they put a g in front of something, it has a thicker shell than usual

Rmgreg

Reaction score
I'm not positive but it seems every time they put a g in front of something, it has a thicker shell than usual
I think that is correct from what I could find. I assume these are a pro level set like the b/b

Rmgreg

Reaction score
I believe jermss9 above was correct. Thicker than usual shell.
Is it a pro level set comparable to the Birch / Bubinga? I'd be playing rock so I assume the thicker shells would be a good thing?

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes seller says he was told only 100 made
Either Tama does a lot of that (and I think they do) or people just love to make that claim. I think it may be some of both. Not that I know anything specifically about this set, but I am sure that there are Tama sets out there being propped up by this claim when it's not true.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems to me that there are too many model designations for the kit. SLP, G and Starclassic are all separate models, I thought. Interesting kit, regardless.

halldorl

DFO Master
Reaction score
Saw the ad, seems legit. Appears to be a forerunner of the SLP G Bubinga kit. Through the years, Tama has many times offered limited production kits and snares.

The badge even states limited edition.

FDECE731-0BF7-4FBD-B184-4BB5F605A13E.jpeg

I find the snare a bit spooky though, appears to be a cheapo Sonor. The ad also states the kit is “new”. My guess is that it’s around 4-6 years old based on the badge design. But, I could be wrong.

Last edited:

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw the ad, seems legit. Appears to be a forerunner of the SLP G Bubinga kit. Through the years, Tama has many times offered limited production kits and snares.

The badge even states limited edition.

View attachment 493683
Ah, I see. Looks like it would be either Starclassic Bubinga or SLP G Bubinga, but not all of the above. They should sound very close to one another.

Rmgreg

Reaction score
Yeah the ad is confusing and no sizes listed either. Snare was not the one with the kit. No reply to info requests, blurry pics, incomplete info. Very weird