Linkin Park--Numb--Drum Cover

Sagemind

Reaction score

Hey everyone! I just made this and edited it today. I know the hihats sound louder than the snare and I'm trying to work on that, but since my camera's microphone is closest to the hats it's gonna make the hihats louder. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy! I'd like some feedback!

Last edited by a moderator:

drumbum38

Forum Member
Reaction score
Nice job man. I'm a big LP fan myself. Hybrid Theory is one of my favorite "modern rock" albums.
Feedback: I could be wrong, but it sounded to me like you were playing it slightly fast, especially the snare. I'm no timing expert though.
I really liked the end of the video when you were freestyling. Keep up the good work and keep posting. :)

NOW......what the heck is up with that crash? :razz: Looks like a Pringle potato chip! LOL. Lots of "character", that's for sure.
So what is it and how did it get like that?

Welcome to the forum bud. I'm Eric. Peace-

Sagemind

Reaction score
Hey man! Thanks for the criticism. One thing to consider as well is that when it got down to editing the song together with the start of the video I was adding and subtracting fractions of seconds, so it might be off, but I might be off as well, so hey, who knows. :p

That crash cymbal is a Zildjian ZXT Trashformer cymbal, 14" to be precise. I first saw Travis Barker use one at one of his DJ AM collaborative concerts (via YouTube, not live, sadly), and I decided I really wanted one, especially because they're so cheap. They're designed to look as terrible as possible and be all messed up; it's a "style" thing, I suppose. They're great if you want a really trashy sound for a low price. Also, I would advise ordering over the phone if you're ordering through Guitar Center, because I got a really good deal just by talking to the guy over the phone. :D

Finally, thanks so much for the kind words! I really appreciate them.

drumbum38

Forum Member
Reaction score
Hey man! Thanks for the criticism. One thing to consider as well is that when it got down to editing the song together with the start of the video I was adding and subtracting fractions of seconds, so it might be off, but I might be off as well, so hey, who knows. :p

That crash cymbal is a Zildjian ZXT Trashformer cymbal, 14" to be precise. I first saw Travis Barker use one at one of his DJ AM collaborative concerts (via YouTube, not live, sadly), and I decided I really wanted one, especially because they're so cheap. They're designed to look as terrible as possible and be all messed up; it's a "style" thing, I suppose. They're great if you want a really trashy sound for a low price. Also, I would advise ordering over the phone if you're ordering through Guitar Center, because I got a really good deal just by talking to the guy over the phone. :D

Finally, thanks so much for the kind words! I really appreciate them.
That makes a lot of sense about the timing man. I didn't even think of that. I don't record or edit so I'm not keen on how that process works. Sorry for the undue criticism.
So that cymbal was created that way, huh? I had no idea. :oops: Good to know! ha-ha. Thanks. Thanks for the ordering tips too.
Look forward to your future vids brother. Rock on-