List of people who were good drummers but most wouldn't know it

Reaction score
Joe Lovano!!!!
Mike Brecker, Chick Corea, George Coligan, Don Alias (most people only think of him as a percussionist,) and if I am going to go "there" then I should mention Mino Cinelu, and Sam Clayton (had a little 3 piece as part of his percussion set-up with Little Feat (I always thought that was REALLY cool!)

Steve Perry (from what I've been told is a very good drummer,) and Stevie Wonder!!!!

MSG

Last edited:

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Steve Perry began his music career as a drummer, so did Gary Buesy who was once signed to Epic Records, played on some Leon Russell Recordings, etc.....

Burps

Reaction score
Chevy Chase played in a band called Chameleon Church in the late 60s. Supposedly he played drums, sang, and played keys as well.

Johnny D

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Billy Bob Thornton
Jenny Jones
Madonna
How could I forget Billy Bob Thornton. He's a solid drummer and a great guy. I brought him on board as a Zildjian artist. This was taken in 2007 when he visited.

A few months later while I was in Los Angeles, he invited me to his house while he was recording in his home studio. Great guy.

Billy Bob Thornton 07.JPG

kdgrissom

Reaction score
Chevy Chase played in a band called Chameleon Church in the late 60s. Supposedly he played drums, sang, and played keys as well
He also was the drummer for a college band called the Leather Canary which included Walter Becker and Donald Fagen. He also apparently has perfect pitch.

Latest posts