List of people who were good drummers but most wouldn't know it

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
Haha! M.S.! Ok, so Mike wasn't a full member of my band, though he did a couple a small tours with us after we all got to know each other. The bass player of my band and he were/are in Flutie's band. That's the connection. Flutie would do shows with Ernie & The Automatics. Eventually we got to know Sib and he was very supportive of our stuff...

OT: A few years ago, Mike, the bass player and I started up a KISS tribute band, all country versions. KISS Country! Never went anywhere but the rehearsals were a blast...

Were you in the Boston scene back then? Fun days...
Yes, I was in several bands throughout the 90’s but in the late 90’s I was in a band called Mindflow. Karla sang on one of our CD’s

drumstuff66

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes, I was in several bands throughout the 90’s but in the late 90’s I was in a band called Mindflow. Karla sang on one of our CD’s
I absolutely remember Mindflow (and Karla)....wouldn't be surprised if we shared a bill or two - Mama Kin, Bill's Bar, The Middle East, TT's, Ralph's in Worcester....decent scene back then for original music...

langmick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Let me tellya couple tree tings. There's no scraps in his scrapbook, now go get your shinebox. He spent twenty years in the can.

I mean, this is basically a drum solo.

glaze148

Very well Known Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joe Lovano!!!!
Mike Brecker, Chick Corea, George Coligan, Don Alias (most people only think of him as a percussionist,) and if I am going to go "there" then I should mention Mino Cinelu, and Sam Clayton (had a little 3 piece as part of his percussion set-up with Little Feat (I always thought that was REALLY cool!)

Steve Perry (from what I've been told is a very good drummer,) and Stevie Wonder!!!!

MSG
Love Joe Lovano’s drumming.
Almost loaned him some cymbals one night, but he brought his own better ones.
Ha

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Patty Duke ... heck of a drummer.

Also, Grover Cleveland,our first jazz drumming President.

Frank Godiva

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
A4157215-2433-45D5-997D-EAE28FEA5C8C.jpeg
80F81E3B-3BC8-4A14-B171-F2B1252D5E05.jpeg
6FA393A4-CC6D-40C2-A548-8D54D25047A1.jpeg
F981D929-B118-46C3-B4C9-877D1684CBBA.jpeg
Mae West beats the drum. May organise her own band. Mae West, the film actress, has announced that she is considering the idea of organising her own band to tour America with herself as leader at the drums. Mae who is proficient trap drummer has been holding musical sessions with members of various well-known bands. Photo shows, Mae West, practising on the drums with Joe Bohan (left) of Ozzie Nelson's band, and Bill Harty, drummer for Ray Noble. 10 November 1937

Jay-Dee

Reaction score
Lenny Kravitz.

G'day all, old new member from Australia, sorry, I couldn't find a newbie thread on here.

Jay-Dee

Reaction score
Charley is a well known drummer. He’s played with the B-52s, Devinyls, Simon & Garfunkel, Michelle Branch as well as the Expensive Winos and many more. Bass is his second instrument.
I think he might be based in Australia now and plays with a band called Cold Chisel, I wasn't really a fan of his playing with them (or Divinyls for that matter) but seeing him in that video with Keith Richards above he's smoking and sounds great.

lamartee

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone mention Charlie Drayton? He kills it on this video. Bonus: Steve Jordan on bass.

Seen this X-Pensive Winos line -up with the reverse. I guess they like to switch it up! ( with Sarah Dash and Bernie Worrell singing back-up and Bobby Keys blowing his horn!)