Live And Let Die

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I recently subscribed to your YT channel and look forward to future videos. Along with your playing, I hope you will share some of your behind the scenes reflections on your career, and recording and touring with major artists. I saw a wonderful two-part interview you did on another channel that shed a lot of light on how your career has progressed and how you got the gig with Paul McCartney. Your stories of how you learned to become a studio player and the nervousness you experienced when other famous drummers showed up at the McCartney shows was humbling. I'd like to hear more about how you approached recording the Flowers In The Dirt album and what life was like on the road while touring with a major act. As a hobbiest I have some assumptions which may be inaccurate. Again, thanks for posting these types of videos.

Whitten

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks.
Lots of good ideas there.
I wonder how much the chat is boring and people only want to see playing.

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks.
Lots of good ideas there.
As much as I enjoy seeing you play, I'm equally interested in the story behind the song and how you created and fine tuned the parts you played. During the pandemic I became hooked on Lee Sklar's YT channel because in addition to playing, he chats about recording sessions and live performances with so many famous artists, focusing on the positive rather than airing dirty laundry. Personally, I'd like to see accomplished drummers offer similar accounts of their work.

jptrickster

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you could ever get around to it I'd lv to watch and hear how you play Sultans ....I can never seem to do that song any justice and the rest of my band as well. I mean the notes are there and all but still something missing. I could use some inspiration then pass it on! Or perhaps there's already a recording somewhere that I've missed?

owr

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well there you have it. For your next video Chris you should share how you managed to land a recording gig with PM when you were 14. I bet that is some story...

More seriously - thanks for making and sharing these videos, some of my favorite posts around here in some time.

Moonman

Reaction score
I love all the stuff you post; it's a privilege to hear and learn these things directly from the source. Have you ever thought about some type of
Well there you have it. For your next video Chris you should share how you managed to land a recording gig with PM when you were 14. I bet that is some story...

More seriously - thanks for making and sharing these videos, some of my favorite posts around here in some time.
+1. Couldn't agree more about the posts!

bbunks

DFO Master
Reaction score
What everyone has said - love what you’re doing, and appreciate your time and effort.

Shared your “Whole Of The Moon” video with my friend and former bass playing band member from college days and he LOVED it. If you can get a bassist saying good things about a Drummer’s video then you’re really onto something!

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The backstory is, to me, cool to hear. As far as others less interested, I would just suggest indexing the video so those folks can simply skip to the perfomance part.

notINtheband said:
Would love to see Skateaway!!
+1 on this... love that tune.

Last edited:

mkelley

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Chris, I’d love to see you run through “What I Am”. I think a lot of people missed that you played on the single. Cheers!

Last edited:

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool! There’s probably still a lot of details and experiences remaining to shared.
it's 2 hours couldn't have listened yet
start somewhere.

I found the Rupert the Bear stuff fun & interesting
search it on youtube
it's nice never heard it.
snare sounds like a 6.5 deep something wood maybe

Last edited: