header.nohb.html

Live From My Drum Room With Doug "Cosmo" Clifford!

MrDrums2112

"Normal" Drummer
Reaction score
Great interview. I never realized just how much of an influence Doug was on me - we played a ton of CCR songs over the years, and they always grooved. Great to hear this.

Ludwigboy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Well thought out interview, John. I always enjoyed Doug's playing on the CCR songs... my favourite is Lodi, Have you ever seen the rain?, Looking out my back door to name a few...I found the toughest one for me was "Susie A" in keeping that steady syncopation going throughout the whole song ....thanks for posting the interview!

vintagedrummersweden

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've done a few cover gigs with some friends of mine and we always play "Came Out of the Sky".
I was told to study Cosmo's playing on his cymbals via this clip:
:)

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel validated to have hung onto my 602 med. ride , John !! Just wish I'd kept the Ludwig 15x7 too .( keystone Tangerine sparkle )

Doug speaks humbly and simply about some pretty deep stuff and you nudged him along with a barely contained enthusiasm . " I guess you do it with computers today " " yeah most was first take " etc .

Would those have been LA Camcos with the undersized shells ?

This one , along with Kenny Jones will be a reference interview for me to be enjoyed many more times .

very heartfelt thankyou from the frozen north keep em coming . Thanks !!!

RyanLovesDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
A few years ago I was with some friends down in Tijuana, Mexico. We went into this popular club and about 10 seconds after entering “Born On The Bayou” comes on the stereo. It was as if whoever was running the music, purposely put that song on because Americans had just arrived. I should also mention that there were naked girls walking around everywhere. I don’t think I’ll ever forget that moment. In fact, every time I hear that song I think of that.