Live From My Drum Room With Robyn Flans - Jeff Porcaro Book

John DeChristopher

Very well Known Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

Today, Thursday, Nov 19th at 4pm ET/1pm PT I'll be "Live From My Drum Room" with Robyn Flans, author of "It's About Time - Jeff Porcaro: The Man and His Music." Along with Robyn and me will be Rob Wallis and Joe Bergamini of Hudson Music and special guests Rick Marotta and Gary Grimm (Jeff's tech during the 80s). And possibly a couple of "surprise guests" ;)

You can watch it here https://www.facebook.com/events/399985251374500.

Hope to see you there!
JD

jaymandude

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sitting in rehearsal now. I hope I can watch it on replay tonight.

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did this air? FB says it has not begun but it's after 6:00 pm EST. If I missed it I will catch the replay for sure!

jaymandude

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
John, thanks again for this. I don't have the book, tho I'm sure I'll get it down the line. I'm pretty deep down the Jeff rabbithole, tho not as deep as some. I don't have ALL the tracks, maybe half . But....The whole thing was a reminder on how to be a mensch, a better person..

One thing struck me, and it's not about Jeff. It's actually about your friend Steve Gadd's humiliy. He said... " When I started getting invited to go to LA" I mean.. invited ? The guy was on his way to drum superstardom and he's ALWAYS gracious and thankful.

What a gem.

Thank you again.

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
Did this air? FB says it has not begun but it's after 6:00 pm EST. If I missed it I will catch the replay for sure!

I kept looking for this too last night and Facebook was saying it didn't air. I've got some vacation coming up next week and bought the book to read it. I'm looking forward to it.

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great minds and all that! I just pack my copy for a trip next week as well.... I enjoyed reading Luke's book earlier this year and this will make an interesting bookend to that I'm sure. Enjoy the read!

John DeChristopher

Very well Known Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kept looking for this too last night and Facebook was saying it didn't air. I've got some vacation coming up next week and bought the book to read it. I'm looking forward to it.
A few people had trouble finding it because it was broadcast/streamed to the "event page" not my personal FB page. Facebook has changed their layout and I was a little confused getting it started, but it did air yesterday at 4pm ET. I thought by streaming to the "event page" more people could watch it, but next time I'll go back to streaming it to my personal page.

In addition to Robyn, Rob, Joe, Gary and Rick Marotta, Steve Gadd and Vinnie Colaiuta joined me to share some memories of Jeff.

Even if you're not a huge Jeff Porcaro fan (which I can't imagine) I highly recommend the book. Jeff was so special.

Here's the YouTube link.

What It Is

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this, John. The book was wonderful and I look forward to catching the show this weekend when I get more time. Sincerely appreciate you airing these programs, a real joy.

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome show, I really, really enjoyed that from top to bottom, thank you so much! I have the book in hand and will be looking forward to it even more now over Thanksgiving!