Live take demo on an original.

Ray Dee Oh King

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I've posted this song in the past, only now theres more instruments and the songs been changed a bit. This is another live recording that I have messed around with, mixed and a bit of mastering. Not a final product, but it will be the first song we track and record starting next week Give a listen and let me know what ya think, we are really excited about getting this album done and out to the the public. As always, thanks for listening, and I hope you enjoy. I do have a couple videos in the video section, but wanted to try this one in the general section this time around. I apologize theres no live video on this one.
Fatwood - Ava Baby

Last edited:

bkny110

Reaction score
Man, that is a real sweet tune! I would expect much success! The drumming was just right! Inspiring!

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The only fault I could find with that is the very first cymbal that you strike and use again several times throughout the song - it sounds way overbearing - to me. All the other crash cymbals sound good and blend well. I've noticed that in your videos, as well.

GeeDeeEmm

Ray Dee Oh King

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The only fault I could find with that is the very first cymbal that you strike and use again several times throughout the song - it sounds way overbearing - to me. All the other crash cymbals sound good and blend well. I've noticed that in your videos, as well.

GeeDeeEmm
Ditto GeeDeeEmm, leave the crash cymbals home...or tone them waaaay down.
Thanks for the feedback. This was a live recording. I only had 2 OHs and a bass drum mic, recorder man style setup. Once I track the drums I can set the mix so that the cymbals arent over bearing and bring up the rest of the drums. Thanks for listening!

Latest posts