LiveBPM alternate for a gig?

bbunks

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
For some reason LiveBPM won't show up on my iPhone screen. The app "opens" but the screen remains dark. Have deleted and reinstalled the app to no avail.

Anyone have an alternative? Love using it on a gig and have one in a few weeks.

Thank you.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
I bought an Ipod (newer one at Costco) specifically for the purpose of running LiveBPM. I don't want to use my phone. I know it's an expensive thing to do but to me, definitely worth it.

Here’s my rig with the iPod on my left under my iPad which I use for my set list.

35734A15-6554-4AFF-B365-1F51AFD92D28.jpeg

tommykat1

DFO Master
Reaction score
I use LiveBPM when I do brush work, but I still prefer the good old Tempo Ref when I'm hitting the snare harder. It's a stand-alone product that sticks to your snare head with Velcro.

Jordan Blue

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I use LiveBPM when I do brush work, but I still prefer the good old Tempo Ref when I'm hitting the snare harder. It's a stand-alone product that sticks to your snare head with Velcro.
Yes, and I really wish they still made those. I need a new one.

R

RickP

I just downloaded Tempi - Live Beat Detection - seems very cool and very easy to use.

Ickybaby

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You could have my friend Tony come to your gig. He will stand on the side of the stage and tell you if you are rushing or dragging.

He will tell you that during a song, after the song, while you're playing another song, and during set breaks.

He's a human metronome...when listening to others.

DrumWhipper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have the LiveBPM app on my Android phone, and it works great. Does anyone know of anything I can use to attach/mount it to my hi hat stand so I can see it a little easier as I play?

tommykat1

DFO Master
Reaction score
No, I'm looking for the mini tempo ref that velcros onto the snare head. They used to go for like $50. I emailed the guy. He said they stopped making them.
This is the one I have, it's called the Tempo Ref, and it attaches to the snare with Velcro. This same model has been around for at least 10 years, I'm pretty sure.

doubleroll

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Live BPM works on my iPhone X with Beta iOS 12.1.1. I tend to use it more for rehearsal lately as I found I got distracted at times looking at the screen during a gig.

flamthrower

Reaction score
I use Pro Metronome. Very good for iphone and android which I have. I paid the $2.00 to get the stage mode and other cool functions. I use it to stop after 4 measures for gigs. You can check youtube for reviews.
http://eumlab.com/pro-metronome/

Carlos McSnurf

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I use Pro Metronome. Very good for iphone and android which I have. I paid the $2.00 to get the stage mode and other cool functions. I use it to stop after 4 measures for gigs. You can check youtube for reviews.
http://eumlab.com/pro-metronome/
I use and recommend full version of it, too. But the topic is about Live BPM which works as a BPM measurement tool.
My Live BPM works ok on iPhone 6 with iOS 10. In some loud environment it's hard to rely on its results. I use it basically for rehearsals and, when Live - for track general tempo summary

aldenyc2012

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have the LiveBPM app on my Android phone, and it works great. Does anyone know of anything I can use to attach/mount it to my hi hat stand so I can see it a little easier as I play?
I purchased this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QLWZ1CI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 .. there are better ones out there, but this works fine for me. I've connected it to both cymbal stand ( Crash cymbal to the left of my TT ) and the center mount double TT mount on a vintage Ludwig kit.